Chapter Seventeen

Asami's POV

Korra and I stood at that tiny corner just outside the cafeteria, speechless. Our only way of communication was with our eyes. We gazed into each others eyes, breathless. Her eyes were full of confusion, drowning in unexplainable ecstasy. They darted all over the area, shifting back and forth, avoiding direct contact with mine. Her cheeks were painted flaming red, as she panted heavily. That, lead me to notice her ample chest, which moved up and down in a fast and unsteady motion.

But my moment of admiration, was interrupted by the shuffled steps of other students. Which in turn, snapped me into reality. 

I kissed Korra. 

I stumbled backwards, dumbfounded by the lustful act I did in a momentary lapse of judgement. I could feel my face heat up, creating a butterfly sensation in my stomach. Looking at Korra in this moment with the same look on her face, felt ethereal. No words could describe what I felt. 

But the same look, also gave me an immense amount of guilt. I kissed my best friend. My straight best friend who's dating someone else. 

I took a two steps backwards, which immediately turned to dozens more. Eventually I was running. Running towards the opposite direction. Away from Korra. 

I pushed and shoved, past the crowd of students that were now heading to their classes. Tears were threatening to escape from my eyes. Some students noticed, which I saw from the corner of my eyes. But they didn't intervene.

I walked hastily around the school, looking for a endless pit I could crawl in and drown in my sorrows. Eventually, I came across the janitor's closet at the far wing of the school. The part of the school rarely anyone goes to because they think it's haunted. Personally I think that's a load of bull, which explains why I chose it. 

Inside, were items you'd expect to be there; brooms, mop heads hanged on hooks, a small handheld dustpan and it's paired brush and a bucket. 

I leaned on the wall, the memories of what I did, repeated in my head. What did I do? What is Korra thinking right now? Will she hate me forever?

These questions roamed every corner of my brain, torturing it, causing extreme migraines to accumulate. I slowly slid down with my back against the wall. Slowly panicking, anxiety taking hold of my mind and body. I started to shiver, even though it was practically the Sahara Desert outside. 

I sat there in silence, surrounded my the dark. As I hugged my knees, I began to sob.

****

I stared absentmindedly at the golden metallic ceiling, with a crystal chandelier hanging from it. A ray of light peeked through the thick curtains and collided with the chandelier, creating a rainbow-coloured sparkle that bounced off the walls of my room. It looked wonderful, as if tiny fairies were dancing the waltz, up above me. 

It's been 3 days since I saw Korra. 3 days since I kissed her. My cheeks flushed at the mere thought of that action that has been mentally torturing me for 3 days straight. I avoided Korra like the plague, the whole time. 

During classes, I would wait around the corner for her to enter the room, then sneak in just before the teacher and sit at my desk, without making eye contact with her. When class ends, I make sure I'm the first one to pack up and leave the classroom, even if I have to shove past everyone, earning their threatening stares in the process. During lunchtime, I sit alone on a bench, in the school garden. Some students, come by and ask why I'm not with Korra, and I give them a half-baked answer, trying not to break down in tears at the same time. Then when it's time to go home, I rush straight to my private limo, desperately resisting the urge to look back.