The New Republic Consitution

When Luke got back to his room he knew exactly what he needed to do. Luke sat down on the floor and began to meditate. He closed his eyes and went through his normal breathing exercises. Soon he was in full meditation. Luke so images of his past flying past him.

Suddenly he saw an image of the past, but not his own. Men and woman in robes, were sitting in chairs in a room. They must have been Jedi. Luke recognized one of them as Yoda. They were talking about the senate and the government.

A wise looking Jedi began to speak. " I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor."

Another Jedi looked around in concern. "If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he must be forcibly removed from office."

The Jedi who looked to be very wise nodded. "It will be tricky. The Jedi Council will have to take control of the Senate to ensure a peaceful transition to a new goverment and a new leadership for the Republic."

Yoda looked at the two. "Hmm. To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Great care we must take."

The vision changed.

He watched as a group of Jedi lead by the wise one he had seen in his last vision, walked into a large room. They drew and activated their lightsabers.

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor."

A man who looked much like the Emperor stood up.

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" He asked.

"The senate will decide your fate." The Jedi Master answered.

"I am the senate!" The man in expensive cloths yelled.

"Not yet." The Master countered.

"It's treason, then..."

Just then the man drew and activated a red lightsaber and leapt towards the group of Jedi. He was a Sith.

The vision changed quickly. Luke now saw a giant arena like place. It looked to be a Senate building. In the center was a man who Luke knew as the Emperor.

He spoke to the Senate triumphantly.
"The Jedi hoped to unleash their destructive power against the Republic by assassinating the head of government and usurping control of the clone army.
But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. Our loyal clone troopers contained the insurrection within the Jedi Temple and quelled uprisings on a thousand worlds."

Everyone in the Senate gasped.

"The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated! Any collaborators will suffer the same fate. These have been trying times, but we have passed the test. The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger." The Emperor spoke strongly.

So Emperor Palpatine had been the wealthy looking man in the last vision. Luke thought.

The Emperor continued.
"In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last for ten thousand years. An Empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body and a sovereign ruler chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the majority, ruled by a new constitution!"