Letting Him Go

Raina's POV.

Luke, Raina and the two Imperial spies sat around waiting for the twenty-two hours to be up. Raina has to hold herself back from throwing herself on the men when one of them went over to the young princess and began trying to scare her. Raina tried to send comfort to the young girl through the Force so she wouldn't be so scared.

"So how long have you two been in the bounty hunter business?" The blonde asked.

"Ten years for me." Luke answered.

The brunette looked at Raina. "What about you?"

Raina looked at Luke then back to the man. "Six years. Seven in three months." She answered.

"That's quite a long time for a young woman your age. You must have been very young when you started." The blonde deduced.

Raina glanced at Luke briefly. Now was when she needed to remember everything he had told her.

"Uh, yes, I was seventeen when I joined Cliegg." Raina told him.

"Very interesting. And I take it that you both are very close?" The blonde man asked.

Raina and Luke looked at one-another. Raina didn't know what to say as an answer and gave Luke a subtle look.

'Are we?' She asked Luke through the Force.

Luke looked at her briefly letting her know he had heard her. He looked back to the man and answered. "Yes. We are. Very close."

Raina watched as the two men looked between Luke and Raina. They gestured between the two. Luke's eyebrows raised, while Raina's eyes widened and she felt a blush creep to her cheeks.

"Oh! Uh, . . . no. No. That's not- we're not-" Luke stumbled over his words.

Raina gave a laugh. "Yeah, no. This? Us? Not happening. Never. Not in a million, billion, gazillion years would we-" Raina rambled uncontrollably.

Luke hastily interrupted her. "I think they get it." He said as if he was annoyed or angry.
She sensed some hurt in him as well.

Raina closed her mouth and looked down.

"So, is what made a young pretty girl like you want to be a bounty hunter?" The blonde asked Raina.

He was obviously flirting.

"Well. . .it wasn't my original plan, but things changed. My parents died when I was sixteen. After that I had to make a living so I worked at the local cantina. It was pretty good pay for a young single girl, but I didn't want to stay there."

Raina looked to Luke.

"One day Cliegg came in and ordered a drink. While I was making him the drink a guy took a notion that I was on the menu as well and began to harass me. I was well, seventeen at the time and Cliegg noticed that I wasn't exactly pleased with how the man was behaving so. . ."

Raina felt Luke read her through to to see where the story was going.

He interrupted her to make it seem more natural. "So I got up from my stool and made my way over to where she was, when out of no where I see her grab the guy's wrist, turn him around, force his arm behind his back and slam his face onto the counter. The guy was stunned. Everyone was stunned." Luke chuckled.

Raina smiled. "As much as everyone was impressed by my great and stunning feat, I still got fired immediately afterwards. I could have strangled myself for behaving that way, but I couldn't just let him touch me. Anyway so Cliegg saw me get fired and went up to me outside of the cantina. That's when he offered me a job as his partner. I was desperate and didn't have anything better to do so I agreed." Raina told them.