Back Home

Luke's POV.
The week was almost up and the group had already been to Geonosis, Dantooine, Mustifar and Kamino. The New Republic's re-instation was going quite smoothly. They had all just left Kamino on the falcon and Luke noticed that Han was acting odd.

After they had jumped into Hyperspace he went to his friend in private. Luke found Han sitting alone in the cockpit.

"Han."

He looked up at Luke. "Hey."

Luke sat down in the co-pilot's seat. "So. . .you get our next orders?" He asked.

Han glanced at him out of the corner of his eye. "Yeah. I did."

He waited for him to continue, but finally Luke realized he wasn't going to. "And? Where have they assigned us to?"

Taking a deep breath, Han glanced over at Luke, then back to the window. ". . .Tatooine."

The Jedi was immediately caught off guard. He blinked. He knew he had heard him correctly, but was he joking? If he was it was a bad joke. No. Han was serious. He could feel it. Luke slowly looked forward, away from Han and into nothingness.

"Luke?" He heard his friend call. "Hey, kid you okay?"

He quickly tried to compose himself. "That's why you were acting so strange. You didn't want to tell me."

"I'm sorry, Luke. I know you vowed never to go back there, but-"

Luke chuckled lamely. "Some vow. I've already broken it twice. Once to find whatever was left of Obi-Wan's and next to save you."

"You went back there before rescuing me?"

He nodded. "After the battle of Yavin."

"You never told me-"

"Raina was the only one to know."

Han gave a nod and smirked. "Makes sense."

Sighing, Luke looked down. "How long are we going to be there?"

"Only a day or two. Until the rest show up." Han answered.

Luke nodded silently, processing the information.

"You gonna be okay?" Han asked cautiously, after a moment of silence.

"Yeah. Yeah. I will.  Honestly I know would end up back there someday. I just didn't realize it would be so soon."

His friend nodded. "Hopefully we'll get our job done and then we can go home."

Luke looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Home? I thought you hated Coruscant."

A content smile appeared on his lips. "I do, but it's what's on the planet that I love."

Luke grinned knowingly. "What's that?"

"My wife." Han answered without hesitation, then chuckled. "Sounds crazy right? Han Solo the famous smuggler and captain finally tied down and happy about it."

Luke smiled and chuckled as well. It was hard to believe, but at the same time it made sense.

"No. No, Han strangely it doesn't. It sounds perfect."

He observed Luke for a minute. "So what about you?"

Luke smiled and looked down at the impending question.

"When are you and Raina finally gonna settle down?"

He chuckled at the question and shook his head. "I-I don't know. I guess I haven't really thought about it."