First Padawan.

Raina's POV.

Raina was almost finished revamping her x-wing. All she was doing now was adding a new coat of paint. She was quite proud. Raina pressed her brush lightly against the metal ship and ran her brush gently down the ship. The bright red paint covered up the old pealing red paint.

Raina felt a familiar presence coming near. She looked up from her brush and stared at the metal of her ship.

After leaving Dagobah she had basically turned her back completely on being a Jedi and never really practiced anything, so she was quite rusty at it. As she focused more on the presence she began to almost recognize who it was, but was interrupted by a smooth male voice.

"Raina!"

Raina felt frustration fill her. She had so wanted to be able to figure it out for herself. She turned around and smiled at Luke.

"Luke! Hey! What's up? How did the meeting go?" She asked.

He smiled widely. "It went great! We officially have a new constitution."

Raina smiled. "That's great Luke! I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it!"

"I couldn't have done it with out you. Everything you said the other night was true. And I thank you for helping me." He told her in gratitude.

Raina smiled at him warmly. "Your welcome."

There was a comfortable silence between the two, but was interrupted by Luke.

"I have some good news." Luke said in excitement.

"What news?" She asked amused by his boyish excitement.

"Well, Mon-Mothma has assigned me to go with a team to Coruscant. She thinks that I could find some Jedi information there and could use it to begin rebuilding the Jedi Order."

"That's wonderful Luke!" Raina exclaimed.

"Yes, but there's more." Luke looked her in the eye, with a smile forming on his lips.

He spoke with an authoritative tone. "From this point forward Raina Starlight I, Luke Skywalker the last remaining Jedi in the Galaxy, officially take you on as my first, new Padawan."

Raina couldn't believe it! She smiled in astonishment, gasped and ran into his arms. He smiled widely and embraced her, almost picking her up off the ground.

Raina pulled away, still smiling from ear to ear. "Are you serious?"

He smiled and nodded, never missing a beat. "Absolutely."

She laughed happily. "I can't believe this!" She paused remembering what he had said.

"Wait. What about when you go to Coruscant. Who knows how long you'll be gone."

Luke looked at her. "You mean how long we'll be gone." He corrected her.

Raina furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" She asked.

A smile played on Luke's lips. "I mean if you want to stay behind, I guess. . ."

Raina's mouth dropped. "Your taking me with you?" She asked.

"That was the plan. That's what Master's are supposed to do right? Take their Padawan's with them wherever they go? At least that's what someone told me a while back."

Raina smiled widely. She knew he was talking about the time she had gotten angry at him for almost not letting her go to Degobah with him. Raina was so happy. She just couldn't believe it all.