Suprise Proposal

Luke's POV.

It had been a few weeks since Leia's birthday. Luke had been busy training Raina lately. He felt she would be ready to become a Jedi Knight soon.

One afternoon, while Luke was watching Raina go through her daily lightsaber training he felt that someone had entered the temple. He stared ahead without bringing attention to himself and tried to recognize the force signature. Luke soon relaxed completely when he realized it was Han, but he soon tensed again when he felt nervousness radiating from Han. His eyebrows furrowed. There was something wrong.

Luke looked over to Raina and nodded. "Very good. Take a short break. I have some business I need to take care of. I'll be back shortly." Luke told her.

Raina stopped, breathing heavily. She nodded and deactivated her saber. As Luke began to exit the door he heard Raina call after him, knowingly.

"Tell Han I said hi!"

Luke stopped and smiled. She was getting very strong.

He turned his head. "I will." He called back.

Luke went down to the main hall to meet Han. Luke walked down the small flight of stairs and found Han walking toward him.

"Han!" Luke greeted.

Han smiled and ran up to Luke.

"Hey kid!"

The two men embraced. Luke felt Han's nervousness spike again.

Luke looked at him in concern. "How's Leia?" He asked arching an eyebrow.

"Fine. Fine. She says hi and wants you and Raina to come visit soon." Han said.

Luke nodded, still curious as to why Han was acting so strangely.

"So. . .what brings you to the temple? It's not the Empire is it?" Luke asked.

Han shook his head. "No, it's not Empire. They're too scared to come out of hiding with all the systems joining the New Republic." Han answered.

"Alright then, what's going on?" Luke asked his friend.

Han laughed nervously. "Nothing, kid. What makes you think-"

Luke raised an eyebrow at Han, making him stop his sentence short.

Han nodded. "Okay, okay, you got me. Guess I can't hide anything from you anymore can I?" Han asked showing his nerves.

Luke chuckled. "Guess not. Now, what's up?"

Han looked around. "Can we talk somewhere else. I just don't want Raina to hear this." Han said.

Luke eyed Han in confusion. He didn't like keeping things from Raina, but after a moment of hesitation he finally conceded. Luke nodded.

He took Han up to his office. The door to the office closed immediately after the two entered. Luke locked it and turned to Han.

"Okay, Han. What's going on?" He asked.

Han took a deep breath and stood up straight. "Luke. . ."

Luke was immediately surprised. Han hardly ever called him Luke. Something was definitely wrong.

". . .We've been friends for a pretty long time, now. We've fought by one another and have become very close. Your more than a friend to me now. Your my brother."

Luke listened but furrowed his eyebrows at what Han was saying. What was he getting at?

"Your mine too, Han." Luke answered back giving a nod.