Pushed Away

Raina's POV.

Raina locked her door and turned on the lights. She looked around her room. The room was simple. Off white walls, grey tile floor, a small, but comfortable looking bed, two chairs in the middle of the room with a small table, a closet, a dresser and a small vanity.

Raina sat her pack down and walked over to her closet. As she went through it she saw outfits that she didn't recognize. A few different rebel military uniforms, different colored jackets, sweaters, pants, and three pairs of boots filled the closet. Soon something caught Raina's eyes. Five beautiful dresses hung in the closet.

Raina took them out one by one. The first was a light blue, long sleeved dress. It had a long, flowing skirt. The next was a long, silk, lavender dress. Raina put it on the bed with the other. She grabbed a long red wine colored dress with a small diamond pendant. It was beautiful.

Finally she pulled out the last one. A beautiful long, gold, silk, dress. Raina ran her hand across the cool, smooth fabric. She couldn't believe that she actually owned something as gorgeous as this. There was something familiar about the dress. She didn't know what exactly, but there was definitely something.

After putting the dresses away Raina took a short nap. An hour later she woke up and changed into something more familiar to her. A navy blue turtleneck with black pants, a dark brown leather jacket and black healed boots. Raina looked at herself in the mirror. Something was missing. Her blaster.

Raina went through her pack, but stopped when she found a lightsaber hooked to a utility belt. Of course she had a lightsaber. She was a Jedi Knight now and had an apprentice. Raina held the saber. The metal felt cool in her hand. She gripped onto it and carefully activated it. With a hiss a light pink beam with a white core shot out. It's light glowed brilliantly. Raina looked at it in amazement. She had built this herself. It was hers.

Just then she felt a presence approaching her door. It was familiar, yet she couldn't recognize it immediately. She focused on the presence. Warm, hopeful, full of light, caring and. . . comforting. Who was it? She wondered. She went to the door before whoever it was could knock.

When she opened the door she was surprised to find that it was Master Skywalker. He seemed surprised as well.

"Hi, I was just coming to ask if you would like to take that tour now?" He asked.

Raina had completely forgotten.

She smiled and nodded. "Sure. That would be great!"

She closed the door and followed him.

About half an hour later Master Skywalker had shown her the whole temple. From the dorm rooms to the room of a thousand fountains. It was all just too wonderful. She wished so much that she could remember helping renovate it. Master Skywalker told her of how it had looked before and what they had discovered when they came. To see it now was incredible.
Once they had finished the tour Master Skywalker walked her back to her room.

"Thank you for showing me around." She smiled.

He shrugged. "It's no problem. I want to make this as easy for you as possible." He told her.

Raina gave a small smile of gratitude.

"I am very sorry this happened." He said.

Raina looked down. "So am I. I know it's not easy for all of you either."

She looked up to see Master Skywalker looking at her in sympathy.

"Don't worry about us. We've all been through a lot and every time your the one whose been there. Now it's our turn. We're here for you. Always." He assured her.