Pass On What You Have Learned

Luke's POV.

Today was Leia's first lesson. Luke had wanted to have one for the last few weeks, but Leia had always been busy at the palace. After a posting it a few times She and Luke made a deal. On days that Leia could not make it to the temple he would go to the palace and on her free days she would come to the temple. Each lesson would go for an hour and if they were both together outside of practice he would take opportunities to instruct her.

Today was one of those days that he would go to her. She had a meeting she had to be at immediately after their lesson and one before so she couldn't get to the temple on time. Luke insisted on going to the palace even though Leia wanted to postpone again. He would not let her put it off any longer.

Luke walked into the palace and took the elevator up to the meeting room. He was sure that Leia would be there. Once he got to the door he heard voices. Luke sensed six life forces within the room, including Leia. He didn't recognize the others. He stood by the door patiently waiting. Luke felt Leia call attention to him through the Force.

'Don't worry about me. I can wait out here.' He told her though their bond.

He felt her anxiety spike. Then something slipped through their bond.

'I wish we could just do this another day.'

Luke sighed. 'Leia, you can't put it off any longer. You need to be trained.' He told her.

'You weren't supposed to hear that.' Leia told him quickly through the Force.

'Which is exactly why you need to be trained.' He countered.

Luke felt Leia reluctantly give up. He smiled in amusement, knowing he had one The argument.

Minutes later the antique red double doors opened and out walked five politicians and Leia.

Ever since Luke became a Jedi he came to dislike most politicians. Most of them were dishonest and non-comital. As long as they kept their power they were say or do anything. Even some politicians of the New Republic were that way. They tried their hardest to keep they're pure image in tact, but behind the scenes they were not who they claimed to be. They were just actors. Puppets. He had little to no respect for them.

Others, though, like Leia, really did care about the galaxy and the future of The New Republic. Those people were honest,  committed, and determined. They were the ones who would work to get things done. Not just for powers sake, but for the people. Luke respected those politicians and had nothing bad to say about them. Even if he disagreed with them on some things, at least they weren't in t for the power and control.

Once the politicians saw Luke they bowed heir heads and greeted him. He greeted them respectfully and bowed. After they had gone Luke looked to Leia. She looked quite stressed.

"So the meeting was unsuccessful I see." He commented.

She shook her head. "On the contrary the meeting went very well. Those were senators from the outer rim. They want to work on getting the Hutts out of power. We all agreed that we would begin working on it. Even  Senator Kabatanu wants to come up with a plan to free his people from the Hutts." Leia said.

"Then what is it?"

She sighed. "What do you think?" She asked.

Luke gave her a look. "Leia. . ." He began in a warning tone.

Leia huffed and walked back into the office. Luke followed shutting the doors, with the Force, behind him.

Leia turned around and placed her hands on her hips.