Awake

Luke's POV.

Five hours later Luke landed his x-wing on Nal Hutta. He landed near Raina and Jacen's ship and near the Falcon. So Han and Leia has already made it. Luke and Artoo got out of the x-wing and began walking into the city. Artoo beeped. Luke looked down at the droid and shook his head.

"I don't know Artoo. I pray she'll be alright, but don't worry we'll see her soon." He said encouraging himself more than the droid.

Finally they found the medical center and walked in. Luke jogged up to the receptionist who was a blue Twilek.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?" She asked looking up.

"My name's Luke Skywalker and I'm here to see Raina Starlight." He said breathing heavily.

The Twilek nodded and looked through some books.

"Oh yes. The female Jedi who was hit by a speeder."

Luke nodded.

"Yes, well she's in room 208. You may go and see her."

Luke nodded gratefully and stared to head off, when a hand stopped him.

"Sir?" The Twilek began.

"Yes?"

She looked at him somberly. "I must warn you. The girl is in critical condition. The doctors did all they could, but. . ."

Luke nodded in understanding. "I know. Thank you."

Luke took off jogging to Raina's room. Once he reached her door he felt a heavy feeling in his stomach. Luke could here voices from inside her room. He pressed the button to open the door and walked in.

The first person he saw was Jacen who was standing at the foot of the bed. Next he looked over to see Leia sitting in a chair beside the bed, with Han standing behind her and holding onto her shoulders. Everyone froze and looked at him with sad eyes when he walked in. Luke's worry returned when his eyes met his sister's. The first look she gave him was surprise, but then it became something else. She was looking at him in sorrow. She was telling him she was sorry and that it wasn't good. He noticed her eyes were puffy.

Luke's heart dropped. His eyes began to tear up. He slowly let his gaze fall to the bruised hand Leia was holding. He let his eyes travel to the person the hand belonged to. Fear began to take over his body. Fear of what he would see.

Finally he looked upon her face. Raina's face. Her once beautiful face was now bruised, with cuts covering it. Her neck had a large bruise on the left side and her arms were decorated with scraps, cuts and bruises. Cords were attached to her body and a heart monitor beeped steadily in the background.

Luke's heart crashed to the floor. He gasped quietly. He tired to speak, but couldn't. He began to walk over to her side.

"Master Skywlaker-" He heard Jacen begin.

Luke walked passed him over to Raina.

"Not now kid." Han told Jacen putting a hand on his shoulder.

Luke stood on the opposite side of the bed. Looking down on Raina. He opened his mouth over and over trying to find the words, but nothing came out. Quiet ragged and anguished breaths came out instead. He blinked over and over again trying to make the tears go away, but they kept coming. Like an endless rain shower, they wouldn't stop.

He looked up at Leia, tears streaming down his face.

"H-How? How did this happen?" He asked her.