Back At It

Luke's POV.

The Falcon finally landed on Geonosis. It was a wild looking planet. The five of them, including Artoo, met Governor Lansen as soon as they landed.

Lansen had come on his own private under cover ship. He was a human. Originally the planet was mainly inhabited by geonosians, but once the empire took over they turned Geonosis into a factory, and gambling planet. People would come to gamble on fights in the arenas. Now thousands of people lived there while the Geonosians were now intermixed with the others.

"Sir." Solo greeted, shaking Governor Lansen's hand.

Lansen smiled kindly. "General Solo. Captain Chewbacca. General Calrissian. Master Skywalker." He greeted them all. "Well, shall we get started?"

Han gave an affirmative nod and turned to his long time friend. "Chewie, you walk behind us, buddy."

Han and Lando walked on either side of the Governor, while Luke walked in front. Artoo rolled along with him. Opening his senses he began to focus. As they walked towards the capital building Luke could sense the people's suspicion.

They walked up the steps and the Jedi was confronted by a threatening feeling. Imperials.

Luke stopped.
"There's still some Imperials left inside."

Han gave a nod and drew his blaster He looked to Lando. "If we run into trouble Lando, you and Chewie lead Governor Lansen to safety. Luke and I will take care of the Imperials."

As soon as they entered the building they were confronted by six Imperial officers.
"Freeze rebel scum!"

Luke raised his hands, not wanting to cause confrontation. He needed to try and talk to them first.

"Actually it would seem that you are now the rebels in this situation." He retorted in a smooth, calm voice.

They said nothing.
Luke took a breath and spoke in a masterful voice. "This doesn't have to get ugly. Let us pass and give yourselves up."

They glanced at each other and kept their blasters raised. One on the far right seemed to be conflicted, but followed his companions. "Not a chance." One of them growled.

"The wars over. Your Empire is gone. Fighting us would be foolish and would end in disaster. Don't do it. Be wise. Surrender to the Republic and end this now. Hasn't there been enough bloodshed?" He pressed.

They stood firm.

"Please. Don't do this. There's been enough killing." He pleaded firmly.

The officer in the middle glared at them. "Not quite!"

He shot a blast at them. Luke blocked it with his lightsaber, which he had unhooked and activated.

"Go!" He shouted.

Lando, Chewie and Artoo escorted Lansen up the back stairway. Lando fired his blaster at the Imperials to get away.

The Imperial officers blasts flew through the air. Luke blocked and dodged them all. Soon Han took out an officer, while Luke took out two by deflecting their blasts back at them.

Luke tucked and rolled dodging their retaliation. Springing to his feet he ran behind a pillar, while Han fired randomly and ran behind the pillar across from him. The two men pressed their backs against the sandstone objects and made eye contact.

Luke subtly mouthed to Han. "You go around. I'll distract them." 

His comrade nodded. Luke stepped out from behind the pillar and was immediately fired at. He blocked the blasts with his Jedi reflexes, while Han snuck around behind them, unnoticed.