Knighting Ceremony

Luke's POV.

It had been a week since Luke and Raina had rescued Princess Nima. Luke and Raina had traveled back to Coruscant as soon as he was able to travel. Luke had fully recovered from his injury and had been kept busy trying to arrange Raina's Knighting Ceremony. After he had told her he wouldn't be able to marry her she had been heartbroken. She didn't realize that his heart was breaking just as much.
Luke had also decided to move his room a level above Raina's he believed having space between each other would maybe help the process.

Luke had been searching the Jedi Archives for information on the Knighting Ceremony. He had found some information, but anything else had been mysteriously destroyed.

The only thing he found was that the padawan would go to the heart of the Tranquillity Spire the morning before the ceremony and meditate until the next morning.

Then the next day the padawan would go to the hall of Knighthood at the top of the spire. They would enter the darkened room, kneel and the Jedi Masters of the Jedi Council along with the Grand Master would all present their lightsabers making a ring around the padawan.

The Grand Master would recite the ancient passages, lower his lightsaber just above each students shoulder and cut the braid hanging behind their ear. The padawan would then stand, bow to the Grand Master, leave silently and go back to their room.

Luke was still unable to locate the ancient passages that were to be spoken and also wasn't sure if the student was allowed food and water during meditation. He decided that those things would have to be decided by himself.

Luke was on his way to Raina's room at the moment to let her know when the ceremony would occur.

He came to her door and began to knock when it opened suddenly.

She stood there with an emotionless look on her face.
"Luke. What's up?" She asked.

Luke cleared his throat trying not to be bothered by her less than thrilled greeting.

"I'm here to tell you that I have finally picked the date of your Knighting Ceremony."

He saw a small grin flash across her face. She stood up straighter.
"And?" She asked.

"It's the day after tomorrow." He announced.

She looked to the side. He could feel her excitement.

"Before you get too excited. I must warn you that he ceremony is not easy."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

He cleared his throat and gestured into her room. "May I come in?" He asked.

She looked in the room and then back at him.

She nodded. "Sure."

Luke walked in and looked around at her room as she closed the door.

"So what's not easy about the ceremony?" She asked.

Luke turned around toward her. "Well, it's mainly the preparation that's so straining. You see. . .apparently the day before your ceremony you must go to center the Tranquility Spire and meditate there for a whole day until the next morning. Then you go to the Hall of Knighthood where you will be knighted." He explained.

"Meditate? For a whole day?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yes. It's to prepare you mentally and physically." He told her.

Raina too a deep breath. "Well. . .I guess I should prepare for the preparation then." She breathed a laugh.

Luke nodded and breathed a slight laugh as well.