Wishes and Negotiations

Raina's POV.

After telling Jason about the mission, Raina began to pack. She was completely terrified, though around Jason she had to act confident. She did not appreciate Luke sending her off on a mission such as this one. All he was thinking about was his vision. He hadn't even thought of how she would feel. And like always his excuse was that she was stronger than him. Raina got tired of hearing that. It wasn't true. She wished so much that Luke would stop believing it.

After packing Raina went to bed. The next morning she and Jacen went to The spaceport with Luke The New Republic has allowed Raina and Jacen to use one of their ships, while Luke would take his X-wing to Jaccu.

"Jacen go and fire her up." Raina ordered her apprentice.

Jacen nodded and headed to the ship.

Raina held onto the strap of her pack and turned to face Luke. "You'll be heading to Jaccu I suppose."

Luke nodded. "I will."

Raina nodded and looked down. How she wished he would be coming with her or she with him. Since she had woken up she had a bad feeling about the whole mission. As if something would happen.

"Raina, you'll be fine. Your a great Jedi and a very intelligent woman." Luke encouraged her.

Raina looked up at him. Maybe she should tell him.

"I know, but Luke I should probably tell you now. . .I have a very bad feeling about this."

Luke looked at her in concern and confusion. "What do you mean? You have a bad feeling about your mission?"

"That's just it. I don't know. . .its just a bad feeling. It's like if you and I separate on these missions something terrible will happen to one of us."  She explained.

Luke thought for a moment. He seemed quite concerned, but then he shook it off.

"Raina, I'm sure the only reason your feeling this way is because we've never been on separate missions before. It's new to you and your scared. That normal, but-"

"Luke no! That's not it at all!" She exclaimed.

"So you deny the fact that you scared of handling a mission on your own? That you don't want me with you?"

Raina sighed. "No."

Luke nodded. "Than all the better that I'm not going with you." He said. "Raina listen. I know that you are afraid, but there's no need to be. Remember fear is the path to the Dark Side." He reminded.

But Luke I wasn't afraid until I felt this way. What if the feeling isn't warning me about the danger of my mission? What if the danger is yours? What if something happens to you and I'm not there? Or what if something happens to me and. . .your not there?"

Luke looked down and sighed. Raina knew she was going against what she had told herself to do. She wasn't doing a very good job at avoiding him at the moment or hiding her feelings.

"Raina, we both know that one of us getting hurt is a possibility, but as Jedi we have to learn to accept that. We can't be afraid of the future."

Raina looked down, as he continued.

"I can't let myself be afraid of what will happen to you, Raina, you know that and you shouldn't let yourself be afraid either."

Raina couldn't believe it. He was actually able to shut off his feelings for her.

"Do you really think I can just stop being concerned about you and your safety?" Raina asked in disbelief.

Luke began to open his mouth, but was interrupted.