The Corscant Festival Ball

When they arrived at the palace the front was completely decorated with streamers, flags, and lanterns. Many people were gathered in the small square dancing to the orchestra and celebrating. Raina and Luke walked up the stairs to find Leia talking to some of the Senators. She wore the beautiful gown they had bought the day before.

Leia turned her head to see Luke and Raina walking to her and politely dismissed herself from the conversation

Leia turned her head to see Luke and Raina walking to her and politely dismissed herself from the conversation. She walked down to Luke and Raina and embraced her brother first and then Raina.

"I'm so glad to see you both. I was wondering where you two were. Han told me you got delayed. Was it something at the temple?" Leia asked.

Raina and glanced at one-another not sure what to say. Raina decided to let Luke answer seeing that he was her master. Luke looked from Raina back to Leia.

"Umm. . .yes. That's right. It was something at the temple." He confirmed with a normal tone.

He hadn't lied either. Raina just watched Leia, who looked at Luke in concern.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

'No everything's not alright. Everything's messed up now.' Raina thought.

Luke glanced at Raina and then looked back to his sister.

"Well. . .its complicated, but. . .we'll work it out." Luke answered with a warm smile.

Leia smiled. "Alright, well you two try to enjoy yourselves."

She leaned in further and whispered. "The security team has been stationed already. Since you were late I had to let Han station everyone. Sorry Luke." She apologized.

Luke smiled and shook his head. "It's fine Leia. Han is a great leader. And he knows quite a bit about staying low to the ground. He'll do great." Luke complemented sincerely.

She smiled. "Can't argue with that. I'll see you two around."  She smiled and walked off.

Luke smiled at his sister watching her leave. He then looked to Raina.

"Want something to eat? They have some tables of food from other planets set up over there." He told her.

Raina peered over the crowd at the different booths. She saw one from Naboo and smiled widely. She hadn't been there in years.

"How about the one from Naboo?" She asked.

Luke looked over at the booth. He nodded. "Okay, sure."