Offer

Luke's POV.

Three weeks had gone by since Luke had discovered Leia was pregnant. Leia had told Raina afterwards, but still hadn't told Han. She kept making the excuse that she hadn't had time or that he had been called away when she was about to do it, but Luke knew the truth.

She was scared. Scared of what he might say or think. You see, Han had never been the father type. He was a wanderer. A pirate. He had been that way his whole life, that is until he met Luke and Leia.

When he met them his life changed. He no longer wandered from planet to planet with just he and Chewie. He was always with the Rebels. He had a family. He was no longer a pirate. He was a captain of the Rebellion. Even then, though Han was still very much a rogue. After he fell inlove with Leia he began to change more and more.

When they finally married the doors seemed to be opening all the more, but even now Han was still that scoundrel who took crazy risks and craved adventure. Not exactly the fathering type.

Luke could understand Leia's fear, but knew it was a needless one. Han loved adventure and risk yes, but he loved Leia more and he would without a doubt harbor the same love for his own children.

It was after classes and Luke was at his desk looking over some papers, when he felt a presence coming down the hall. To his surprise it was Han. Luke waited for him to knock on the old wooden door. When he heard the heavy knock and Han's voice call, Luke welcomed his brother-in-law to come in. Han opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind him.

"Hey, Luke!"

"Hey, Han how are you?" He asked, curious to see if Leia had told him yet.

"Pretty good. I got some news today." He began.

Luke felt a smile cross his lips, but quickly tried to cover it up with his hand.

"Really? What's the news?" He asked leaning back in his chair.

Han sat down in a chair across from Luke looking over the desk at him. "Leia told me today that I'm going to be. . ."

Luke covered his mouth again not wanting to give away his smile.

". . .sent to the outer rim to help re-instate the New Republic. At least that's how she put it. Really I'm just going there to make sure the bad guys don't interfere and to lead a group of Rebels in to take down the Imperial government there." He explained.

Luke frowned, but nodded. "I see."

"Yeah! It's great! I can't wait to get off of this concrete rock." He said. "And the good thing is, I get to choose my own team. Which is why I'm here."

Luke arched an eyebrow at him.

"I want you to come along. Like old times!" Han smiled widely.

Luke blinked in surprise. "Me?" He asked.

Han nodded. "Yeah, kid! It'll be fun. Just you me, Chewie and Lando. The guys. At it again. Fighting the Empire."

Luke was caught off guard. "Han-"

"You don't think I'd go without asking you to come? Do you, kid? It would be the same without you. I mean yeah you have screwed up a few times in the past. . ."