Answers on Jaccu

Luke's POV.

Luke landed is X-Wing on the sand of Jaccu. It was evening and the sun was setting behind the dunes. A small village was close by. He had decided to let the Force guide him and it had led him there. Luke put his travel poncho on over his head and wrapped a scarf around head, so that the blowing sand wouldn't get in his eyes.

Artoo and Luke walked into the village. Different beings walked about in the streets. Many of them trading or doing daily chores. Luke opened himself up to the Force letting it guide him to whoever this San Tekka was.

As they walked through the village, Luke went over to some traders. One was a dark haired young man and the other a grey haired older woman.  The woman's eyes were dull and she looked very tired.

Luke pulled his scarf down so he could speak to them. "Excuse me? I would like to ask a favor." He began.

The man and woman looked at him.

"What sort of favor?" The man asked.

He looked at Luke with caution.

"I am looking for someone. I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find them."

Seeing that the man was silent, Luke continued. "I'm looking for a man with the name San Tekka. I believe he is here somewhere in this village."

As soon as Luke had said the name, the woman and man looked at one another. Luke could sense they were scared of something. He looked between the two and leaned in closely.

"I only want to speak with him. It is very important that I do. Though, I would prefer not to draw too much attention."

The man looked at Luke for a moment and leaned in. He spoke in a low voice.

"What do you want with him?"

"I only want to speak with him."

The man narrowed his eyes. "That's not a good enough reason."

Luke looked down and sighed. They were obviously trying to protect San Tekka. He couldn't sense any danger. They were no threat.

"Very well."

He looked back up, and looked straight at the man.

"My name is Luke Skywalker, Grand Master of the New Jedi Order. I have come to speak with San Tekka because the Force showed me something. Something, that to understand, I have to be able to talk to him."

Both the man and woman's eyes widened.

"A Jedi?" The woman asked Luke, speaking for the first time.

He looked at her. Her eyes were filled with something new now. Hope. Luke couldn't help, but give a small smile. He nodded. The woman smiled and looked at the young man who must have been either her son or grandson. The man looked from her to Luke.

"How do we know you are telling the truth?"

Luke sighed.

"You can't know for sure. You'll have to trust me." He told him.

"I don't want to put anyone in danger. I promise I am not here to hurt San Tekka or anyone else. I come in peace. I only want to have a conference with him. Please."

The man stared at Luke and finally sighed. He looked down and then to the woman. She pleaded with her eyes that he help Luke. The man looked back at Luke and spoke quietly.

"Come with me."

Luke gave a discreet nod and followed the man. They walked through the village all the way to the edge of town. Luke watch as the man walked to a small hut with two torches in the front. The man looked to his side and then knocked on the door gently. Luke looked around checking to see if the area was clear. It was.