chapter 13

"Haz I was thinking we should take the boys to the carnival this weekend," Liam propositioned. "Do I have to go on any of the rides?" Harry asked apprehensively. "Babe at least go on one ride with the kids," Liam bargained. Harry nodded in agreement. "So it's settled let's go tell the boy," Liam said. Harry nodded as the pair went to tell the boys the good news.

The boys were excited when they heard the news. "Can grandma come?" Louis asked cutely. "I don't see why not," Liam said calling Anne. "Nana said she would love to come," Liam said. Louis was excited. The day of the carnival arrived the family ate breakfast and packed the car. They decided to a family style carnival. It was their first carnival as a family in a long time.

Once they arrive at the carnival the family paid the admission and decided to go on a couple of rides. The first ride the boys went on was a fun house called the Zombie Hotel. Louis didn't want to go in it because it looked scary so he stayed with Harry and Liam. Once Zayn and Niall got off the ride they decided to go on another ride which was another fun house that was called the Wacky Shack. Niall offered to carry Louis through the fun house. Liam and Harry sat on a nearby bench while they watched their boys have a good time.

The next ride the boys went on was a ride called the predator at first Louis was scared to ride but Niall and Zayn told him if he got scared he could hold one of their hands. The ride started out slow but later increased in speed. Louis got a little scared so he held onto Niall's side as the ride went side to side. "It's okay boo," Niall comforted.

When the ride finished the boys were unbuckled from the ride. The next ride Niall and Zayn went on was called The Freak-out. Louis declined to go on so Harry took Louis on the merry go round. Louis was excited he saw a blue horse and quickly got on with help from Harry. When the boy was strapped in the ride began. Louis was happy every time he saw his papa. And he would wave at him. Harry took out his phone and began recording video and taking photos to show Liam.

The ride finally finished so Harry got off the bench and carried Louis off the ride. "Should we go see daddy and bubbas?" Harry asked. Louis nodded. Harry and Louis walked where they last saw them when Louis saw a kid carrying a rainbow soccer ball. "Papa louis wants one please," Louis asked cutely. "Okay bud," Harry said making his way to the game. Harry placed a five pound on the counter. It took shots but Harry managed to win the soccer ball for Louis. Louis was excited.

Harry and Louis continued to walk back to where Liam and the boys were. They finally caught up to them. Louis was excited to show his daddy his new ball his papa won for him. "Ni and Zi and daddy look what papa won me," Louis said. Both boys decided they wanted to win something too so Harry brought the older boys to the game tents and they both won a prize. Niall won a soccer ball just like Louis and Zayn won a teddy bear.

The band that was playing was Niall's favorite. Towards the second song a huge crowd had gathered so Niall had a hard time seeing so he complained to Liam. So Liam lifted him on his shoulders. Harry takes out his phone and manages to get good photos for Niall. Louis watches as Niall and Liam are having fun jumping around he wishes he could jump around just like his brothers. Harry offers to put Louis on his shoulders.

The time the band is going on Harry is feeling fine and enjoying the time with his family. But after Louis jumps on his shoulders he starts to feel a little pain on his head but he doesn't complain though... Liam looks over to Harry and smiles. "How you feeling babe?" he asked. "Okay I got a little pain but it's not bad." Harry says supporting Louis better on his shoulders. Liam nodded before saying "if you feel worse tell me okay babe," Harry nodded turning back to the music.

After the band finished playing the boys decided to go on a couple more rides before stopping for food. Niall and Zayn got hot dogs while Louis got a hamburger and fries. Liam and Harry both got pizza and pop. For desert the family all got Hawaiian shaved ice. Liam got watermelon, Zayn got grape, Louis got blue raspberry and finally Niall got an orange and blue one. Harry got cherry but he barely ate any of it because the pain in his head was unbearable.

Liam noticed Harry wasn't eating his ice cream. "Babe you okay?" Liam asked. "My head hurts a little bit more I'm not really hungry for this ice cream anymore," Harry says pushing the shaved ice to the side. "Okay babes I don't have one of your migraine pills or would you rather take a pain reliever right now," Liam asked. "My migraine pills," Harry said. Liam nodded as he went to get a bottle of water for Harry.

All of a sudden Harry tells Liam he isn't feeling good he felt dizzy. Liam decides it's better to leave already. The boys felt tired anyways. He takes them to the bathroom and while he is in there he hears Harry calling them. He finds Harry puking his guts out and crying a little. Liam comforts him while the boys wait. They make their way to the car. The kids talk a lot about all the fun they had.

Harry sits quietly in the car. Liam puts his hand on Harry's knee and asks him if he is fine. Harry looks at him and tells him "I hate myself for ending the fun, since the boys wanted to play more but because of me they had to go home because of my head becoming worse. I forgot to take the pills and Louis didn't help jumping on me." Louis heard the conversation and asked "did I make papas head hurt?" Louis asked close to tears. Harry tells him no. they arrive home and Harry takes the pills while Liam puts the kids to bed.