Chapter 55

During the car ride Louis looked out the window sadly wishing he could be back at the hospital with his daddy and papa. Anne quickly noticed how quiet Louis was being; which was weird because he would always be talking.  "Boo what's wrong?' Anne asked as she stopped at a red light. "Nothing nana," Louis said sadly. "Bubba are you sure?" Anne asked unsure. "We'll talk when we get home," Anne said continuing her driving.
Once Anne made it home Niall and Zayn managed to get out of the car while Louis was still buckled in his car seat. "Boo what's wrong?" Anne asked as she unbuckled Louis from his car seat. "Louis sad," Louis said quietly. "Why are you sad?" Anne asked as she gathered the small boy into her embrace. "Miss Papa," Louis said as he sighed.
"I know you do boo but papa needs to stay in the hospital until his surgery," Anne tried to reason. "It's not fair," Louis said clearly not happy about the situation. "I know it's not fair babe; but you have me, Niall and Zayn here; and papa will be home soon," Anne said as she brought Louis into the house.
"Do you want to do something bud?" Anne asked. "No Louis just wants to take a nap," Louis said. "Are you sure bud we can do something fun," Anne said trying to lighten the mood. "I'm sure nana. Louis doesn't feel like playing," Louis said as he turned his attention away and laid his head on Anne's chest.
"Alright babe you can nap for an hour," Anne bargained as she carried Louis up to his room and covered him under his blanket. "Night sweetie I'll see you in an hour," Anne said as she kissed Louis good night and quietly walked out of the room. 

"Night nana," Louis said as he sadly closed his eyes. As Anne closed the door to Louis' room she automatically felt sorry for Louis. She felt like she should have let him stay with Liam and Harry. As Louis was asleep Anne went into the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee.
As she sat at the table drinking her coffee Niall came into the kitchen. "Hi nana what's wrong?" Niall asked sitting next to her in the kitchen. "It's Louis ever since we got home from seeing your dad and papa he has just been sad. All he wanted to do was take a nap," Anne said as she took another sip of coffee.
"That's unlike him I'm sure it has something about the surgery next week. I think he's worried that papa won't come home after the surgery," Niall said. "I think you're right Niall I was wondering if you could do something with him to get his mind off today," Anne bargained.
"That's fine maybe I'll put on a movie and we can play a game," Niall said easing Anne's worries about Louis. "I would love that thank you Niall," Anne said as she breathed a sigh of relief.
An hour later Anne went up to Louis' room to wake him up. As she entered the room she could see the small boy was already up. "Hi honey sleep well?" Anne asked as she sat down on the bed. "Louis guesses," Louis said as he sighed. "Niall and I had an idea how about we watch a movie and play a game," Anne bargained.
"What kind of movie and game?" Louis asked puzzled. "Whatever you pick," Anne said trying to cheer Louis up. "Nemo and Candyland?" Louis asked. "Let's go ask Niall," Anne said as she picked up Louis and carried him down the stairs.
"Hi Niall," Louis said quietly waving at his older brother. "Hi bud did nana tell you about our plan tonight?" Niall asked. "Uhh can we watch nemo nd play candy land?" Louis asked hopefully. "Of course bud," Niall agreed as he gently took Louis out of Anne's embrace. "After dinner I'll put on the movie and set up the game," Niall said. Louis nodded happy that his older brother wanted to play with him.
"Boys dinner," Anne said calling all three boys to the dinner table. "Nana?" Louis asked. "Yes baby what's up?" Anne asked turning her attention to Louis. "Will papa and daddy call tonight to say good night to us or do you think he's forgotten us," Louis said downheartedly.
With what Louis just said Anne was taken back by the comment but she later responded by saying "Louis papa and daddy will call tonight I'm sure they haven't forgotten you. Daddy and papa love you all too much to forget you okay?" Anne said trying to ease Louis' troubled mind.
Louis nodded as he continued eating his dinner. Anne couldn't help occasionally glancing at Niall praying that Liam and Harry would call tonight to cheer Louis up. Niall could sense the tension in the room and quietly muttered "it'll be okay nana," Niall said as he continued eating. But who knows for sure what could happen as they say in life. Everything happens for a reason.