Chapter 57

Once Anne and Louis made it to the hospital she signed her and Louis in and made their way to the elevator. "Nana will daddy and papa be surprised," Louis asked. "I'm sure they will,"Anne said as the elevator continued.
Once the elevator stopped and the elevator doors opened Anne got out with Louis holding onto her hands. "If you get tired let me know babe," Anne said not wanting Louis to overexhurt himself. "Okay nana," Louis said as he toddled in the direction of Harry's hospital room.
Once Louis and Anne made it to Harry's hospital room they noticed a nurse had just come out of Harry's room. "Wait honey we'll go in as soon as the doctor is finished," Anne said as she lightly pulled Louis to the side. "Why can't we go see papa and daddy," Louis said as he lightly thrashed in Anne's hold.
"honey I promise you we will go see papa, but the doctor is with papa right now so we have to wait," Anne said crouching down to Louis' level. "Why do we have to wait," Louis whined stomping his little foot on the ground.
"Louis I understand you want to see papa but you have to wait the reason why the doctor is in the room is because they are checking on papa to see if he's okay to have visitors," Anne said trying to reason with the irritated preschooler. "If you don't stop this tantrum I'll take you home am I understood?" Anne asked sternly.
"Alright nana Louis understands," Louis sniffled sad that he upset his nana. "It's okay boo I know this is a difficult thing to understand but we'll get through this," Anne said as she and Louis made their way into Harry's hospital room.
"Hi Anne and Lou- Louis what are you doing here?" Liam asked shocked to see Louis walking into Harry's hospital room. "Nana took Louis to the zoo," Louis said wanting to be picked up by Liam.
"Is that my little Lou I hear," Harry said making eye contact with the small boy embraced in Liam's arms. "Hi papa I missed you," Louis said reaching out for Harry. "Remember to be careful of the wires papa is connected to," Anne reminded. Louis nodded as he was slowly placed in his papa's loving embrace.
"What did you do today?" Harry asked turning his attention to Louis. "Nana and Louis went to the zoo and sawed lots of animals," Louis said telling both of his parents about his day at the zoo.
"What was your favorite animal bud?" Harry asked inquisitively. "My favorite animals were the penguins but Louis also liked the turtles because he knew that you and daddy like them," Louis said.
"Are you mad that Louis is here?" Louis asked. "No honey not at all it was a big surprise," Harry said happily. "Papa happy," Louis said. "Very happy," Harry said as he looked over to Anne. "Thank you for taking him," Harry said appreciatively. "It was no problem he had a great time," Anne said lovingly.
"Daddy Louis got you and papa something," Louis said pointing to the bag in Anne's hand. "Oh yeah what might that be?" Harry said curiously. "Close your eyes," Louis said as Anne helped Louis pull out the two turtles out of the bag. "Ready 1, 2, 3, open your eyes," Louis said shoving the turtle stuffed animals in Harry's face. "Awe boo thank you that was very nice of you," Harry said appreciatively. "What are their names?" Harry asked.
"Let's name them tuck and tucker," Louis said. "I like their names," Harry said lightly ruffling Louis' hair to the side. "Papa to," Louis said cutely getting embarrassed. "Why so shy bud it's only us here," Harry said. "Nana did the same thing to me when I was your age," Harry said. "She did?" Louis asked looking at Anne questioning Harry ever being the same age as him. "Show him a picture of me mom," Harry said chuckling.
Luckily Anne had a picture of Harry in her purse pocket. "Is that me?" Louis asked eyeing the picture of what looked like him. "No honey that's papa when he was your age," Harry said. "Papa funny," Louis said as he laughed lightly. "Papa was being cheeky like you are sometimes," Harry said lightly tickling Louis. Small giggles escaped Louis' throat with the feeling of being tickled.
2 hours later Anne decided it was time for her and Louis to head for home because Niall and Zayn were due home from school soon. "Alright baby we have to head home now," Anne said to Louis already regretting the inevitable. "But Lou wants to stay," Louis said not wanting to leave his papa. "I know you do bud but you have school tomorrow," Anne said as she tried to comfort Louis. "Alright nana," Louis said kissing Harry goodbye.
"Alright honey we'll come visit again soon," Anne said as she carried Louis in her embrace. "Bye papa, bye daddy," Louis said lightly waving goodbye as he and Anne made their way down to the elevator. "I'm sorry honey I know you wanted to stay longer but you have school tomorrow," Anne said feeling guilty. "It's okay nana Louis understands," Louis said. "What should we have for dinner tonight?" Anne asked trying to divert Louis' attention to something else.
"Can we have macaroni and cheese with pasghetti," Louis asked. "How about this we have macaroni and cheese and hot dogs," Anne bargained. "With French fries?" Louis added. "Of course baby," Anne said as she made her way to the parking lot.
Anne felt guilty about taking Louis home but he can't keep missing so much school. "I know you wanted to stay longer boo but you have school tomorrow." Anne said as she looked back towards the backseat where Louis sat.
"Can Louis tell his friends what he did yesterday?" Louis asked hopefully. "Of course boo and you can make all of us pretty pictures," Anne bargained. "Okay nana," Louis said feeling a little better about returning to school tomorrow. Once Anne turned her attention to the road she thought to herself that she wanted to have a conversation with Louis' teacher to see if she could keep an eye on Louis.
Once Anne made it back to the house she went to Louis' side of the car and carried him into the house. 'Alright boo Ni and Zaynie should be home soon so you play here while I cook dinner okay?" Anne said as she went into the kitchen. "Okay nana," Louis said as he played with a couple of cars. A few minutes later Niall and Zayn entered in the house. "Nan we're home," Zayn and Niall said in unison. "Hi boys how was school," Anne asked coming into the living room.
"School was good," both boys said. "Hi Lou how was your day bud?" Niall asked sitting next to Louis on the carpet. "Louis had a good day Ni. Louis went to the zoo and went and saw papa," Louis said turning his attention back to his cars. "I'm glad you had a good day bud," Niall said. "But Ni Louis doesn't want to go to school," Louis said quietly so Anne wouldn't hear.
"Why not bud you love school," Niall said perplexed about why now Louis suddenly doesn't want to go to school. "Is someone picking on you Lou," Niall asked trying to get the truth out of Louis. "No Ni that's not why," Louis said not really wanting to tell Niall the truth.
"Bud why can't you tell me? If there's something bothering you I want to know so I can help you," Niall said trying to persuade Louis. "Nuu Ni," Louis said exasperatedly just wanting to get back to playing with his trucks. "Boys what's going on?" Anne called from the kitchen. "Nothing Nan," Louis called not wanting Anne to be worried. "Alright boo we'll talk after dinner," Niall said dropping the argument for now.
"Alright boy's dinner will be ready in 5 minutes," Anne said. "Alright Nan Louis can I help you clean up," Niall asked. "Sure Ni," Louis said as he started cleaning up the cars on the carpet. A few moments later all of the cars were picked up. "Alright boo let's go see what nana made for dinner," Niall said as he and Louis slowly walked into the kitchen. "Ni can I sit with you?" Louis asked wanting to sit by his big brother.
"Sure Lou," Niall said as he placed Louis in a chair next to him. Once the food was placed on the table Anne called Zayn. "Zayn dinner is ready," Anne called as Zayn came bounding down the stairs.
"Alright Niall and Zayn how was school?" Anne said as she sat at the table. "School was good," Zayn and Niall said at the same time. "What did you do?" Anne asked. "Well in science class we had a quiz on the chemical elements," Niall said. "How do you think Niall?" Anne asked. "I think I did well," Niall said. "That's good Ni what about you Zayn?" Anne asked turning her attention to Zayn.

"In gym class we played football and for lunch we had pizza, and in art class we got to paint something that we love and I painted my family," Zayn said proudly. "Awe Zaynie that's sweet I can't wait to see this painting," Anne said wishing that Harry was here to hear this. "What did you do today Louis?" Niall asked Louis who was quiet. "Louis went to the zoo with nana," Louis said not wanting to tell his brothers he went to see their papa without them.
"That's cool bud what kind of animals did you see?" Niall asked. "I saw turtles, penguins, all of them," Louis said. "That's cool bud," Niall said as he continued eating his dinner. Once dinner was finished Niall and Zayn went to go start on their homework while Louis was left to his own devices. "Boo what do you want to do?" Anne asked. "Can Louis color," Louis asked. "Sure bud," Anne said as she cleared the table to make room so Louis could color.
While Louis was coloring Anne was busy doing the dishes. "Nana look what Lou colored," Louis said showing Anne his masterpiece. "It's beautiful bubba," Anne said as she finished drying the last plate and came over by the table to see Louis' picture.
"Nana will papa and daddy call tonight?" Louis asked. "Of course baby," Anne said as she helped Louis put away his crayons. 'Alright boo let's go take a bath and get ready for bed," Anne said as she carried Louis upstairs to the bath tub. "Bubbles?" Louis asked hopefully. "Of course bud," Anne said as she entered the bathroom.
Once Louis was undressed Anne began filling up the bathtub and added a few toys into the tub. Once Louis was placed in the tub she began to wash his hair. "No shampoo in Louis' eyes," Louis said reminding Anne. "Of course baby," Anne said as she continued washing Louis' hair.
Once Louis was all cleaned Anne grabbed Louis' hooded towel and covered him as she dried him off. Once they got to Louis' room Anne retrieved a pair of superman boxers from the drawer and dressed the boy.
"What pajamas do you want to wear bud?" Anne asked holding up a pair of superman and batman Pajamas. "Lou wants superman please," Louis said. "Okay bud," Anne said as she got Louis dressed in Pj's. Once Louis was in his pj's Anne drew back the covers and lightly placed Louis in the bed as she covered him under the blanket. "Here's Tuck baby," Anne said handing Louis his new turtle stuffed animal.
As Anne continued tucking Louis in her phone began ringing but instead of the phone ringing it was Facetime. "Now who could that be?' Anne questioned. "Daddy and papa?" Louis asked. "Maybe," Anne said as she answered the call.
"Hi mom, hi Lou," Harry and Liam said in unison. "Daddy and papa," Louis said happily. "How's my boy?" Liam asked. "Lou is good," Louis said as he yawned. "How are you Anne?" Liam asked. "I'm good but managing well," Anne said as she saw Louis starting to fall asleep. "Awe boo good night have a good day at school tomorrow we'll call you in the morning," Liam and Harry said in unison. "Ni ni daddy and papa," Louis said as he fell asleep.
"Thank you again for everything mom I appreciate everything you're doing for us," Harry said tearing up. "Awe baby it's okay doesn't cry," Anne said trying to calm down Harry. "It's no problem honey," Anne said. 'alright honey it's getting late get some rest okay we'll see you in the morning," Anne said as she ended the call. "Okay mom love you night," Harry said as he ended the call.
Once the call ended Louis was sound asleep so Anne took the opportunity to lightly tip toe out of the room for the night.