Chapter 54

"It's nothing babe," Liam said wiping away the remaining of his tears away from his eyes. Back at the Styne household Anne was busy getting the boys ready to go see Harry and Liam at the hospital. "Now Zayn and Louis remember when we get to the hospital. We have to be quiet because there are other people there as well and they might be resting," Anne said to the younger boys. "Okay nana," Zayn and Louis said in unison.
During the car ride Zayn and Louis started acting up in the car. "Stop Zaynie," Louis said as Zayn kept pestering Louis. Niall who was in the middle seat was quickly growing frustrated at his younger brother. "Zayn Javadd Styne leave Lou alone," Niall seethed getting annoyed that Zayn was bothering Louis. "Boys what's going on?" Anne said from the front seat.
"Nothing nana," Zayn lied trying not to get in trouble. "Zaynie is being mean to Wou," Louis said through baby talking. "Zaynie is a meanie," Louis added sniffling in his booster seat. "Am not," Zayn screamed. "Am too," Louis screamed back. "Boys stop it right now or we'll go back home and I'll call daddy and papa and tell them we aren't coming," Anne said sternly.
"No want to see papa," Louis said sadly. Louis looked up at Niall with his puppy dog blue eyes really wanting to see both papa and daddy. "Zayn I want you to apologize to Louis and both of you sit quietly until we get to the hospital," Anne reprimanded. Zayn and Louis nodded as they both sat quietly in their seats as Anne continued driving to the hospital. "Ni?" Louis asked trying to get his older brothers attention. "What's wrong lou?" Niall asked turning his attention to his baby brother.
"Louis sorry he was bad," Louis said sadly. "You weren't bad baby I promise," Niall said trying to comfort his baby brother. "Ni promises?" Louis said holding up his little pinky up. "Ni promises," Niall said promising Louis. "Nana are we there yet?" Louis asked really wanting to get to the hospital so he could see his papa and daddy. "We're almost there babe" Anne said as she continued driving.
Eventually Anne arrived at the hospital Niall and Zayn got out of the car while Anne got Louis out of his car seat and hoisted him on her hips. "Let's go see daddy and papa," Anne said. "Wes lets gwo," Louis said bouncing up and down in Anne's arms. Anne and the boys made their way up to the reception desk. "Hello may I help you?" the receptionist asked. "Yes we're here to see my son Harry Styne," Anne said signing them in.
The receptionist nodded as she gave Anne and the boys passes to go see Harry she also handed Louis a sticker and a lollypop. "What do you say Lou?" Anne asked. "Tank Wou," Louis said shyly. As the boys were walking they passed by a gift shop but Louis spied a teddy bear he wanted to give his daddy and papa. "Nana?" Louis called out. "What's up baby?" Anne asked. "Can we go in there please," Louis asked hopeful. "Sure babe. Boys wait here a minute," Anne said as she and Louis entered the gift shop.
"Can we get this for papa?" Louis asked holding up a bear that said get well soon in orange letters. "Sure babe lets go," Anne said ruffling Louis' hair as they made their way to the cash register. "Awe you're so cute," the lady behind the counter said to Louis. "What do you say Lou?"  Anne said nudging her youngest grandson. "Thank oo," Louis said blushing hiding his face into Anne's chest. "I apologize he's very shy," Anne said. Anne nodded as she and the boys walked to the elevator where Harry's hospital room was.
Back at Harry's hospital room Liam and Harry were casually talking when a knock interrupted their conversation. "Yes may I help yo- mom," Harry said happily. "Hi baby how are you?" Anne asked lightly hugging her son while trying not to smother Louis. "Papa," Louis said making grabby hands towards Harry. "Hi baby," Harry said as he cuddled his youngest son close. 
"Hi papa," Niall and Zayn said in unison. "Hi boys are you two behaving for nana?" Harry asked. "We have except Zayn was causing a little bit of trouble with Lou today," Niall said. "why Zayn?' Harry asked raising an eyebrow. "I'm sorry papa," Zayn said apologetically. "It's okay bud just please be nice to your baby brother," Harry said nicely. Zayn nodded as he turned his attention to Louis. "Louis?" Zayn said. "Yes Zaynie?" Louis said while looking up at his brother. "I'm sorry," Zayn said. "It's okay Lou forgives you," Louis said wanting a hug.
"Papa when you coming home?" Zayn asked. "Hopefully soon," Harry said trying to keep the boys spirits up. "Hi babe how are you feeling honey?" Anne asked smoothing Harry's hair away from his face. "I'm fine mom just tired from being in this hospital," Harry said. "I can understand babe but your health is more important," Anne said feeling bad agreeing that Harry understood the precautions of his health. "So any updates?" Anne asked.
Harry looked at Liam unsure of what to tell Anne. "Well the doctor was talking and he mentioned about surgery," Liam said. "When will the surgery begin?" Anne asked. "Next week," Liam added. "How are you feeling about this?" Anne asked. "Well where do I begin I'm happy because I want these migraines to stop but at the same time I am scared the surgery won't go well," Harry said truthfully. "I can understand babe I'm sure everything will be fine." Anne said.
"I hope so as well mom. I really want this surgery to go well, I want to get away from this hospital and remove these chronic headaches. I also want to be home with you, Liam and the boys," Harry said. "Don't worry honey everything will be fine. You're one of the strongest people I know. The boys will always be here and want you to get better," Anne said as she placed a tender kiss on Harry's forehead.
"Nana?" Louis asked. "Yes bubba?" Anne asked turning her attention to Louis. "Papa present?" Louis asked excitedly wanting to give his papa his gift. "Someone is eager to give you a special gift," Anne said motioning to Louis. "What do you want to give me baby?" Harry asked. "Teddy papa," Louis said handing over the little bear to Harry. "Awe baby thank you I love him," Harry said. Louis began reaching out for Harry.  "Want oo papa," Louis said desperately wanting to be in Harry's arms.
"Honey papa has all these wires I don't want you to accidentally pull one out," Anne said lightly restraining Louis. "Louis want papa," Louis screamed. "Louis William Styne remember what I said," Anne reprimanded. At the mention of going home Louis quickly stopped crying and went quiet. "Louis sorry," Louis said sadly. "Awe boo it's okay come by papa," Harry said feeling guilty that Louis was upset. "Are you sure babe?" Liam and Anne asked. "I'm sure I'll be fine," Harry said reaching out for Louis.

"Come here bubba," Harry said as he gently held Louis in his loving embrace. "Papa," Louis said as he gently embraced his papa. "I'm sorry bubba," Harry said as he held the small boy close. "I sorry papa Louis was bad," Louis said guiltily. "You weren't bad babe," Harry said comforting Louis. "Papa what is suger?" Louis asked confused. "Well bud a surgery is a test that helps people feel better," Harry said. "Will this surgery help you papa?" Louis asked. "Yes bubba and papa will be able to come home and play with you," Harry said. "Promise?" Louis asked. "I promise," Harry repeated.
Louis nodded as he continued to snuggle with his papa. "Hey bud what about daddy?" Liam fake pouted. "Daddy Louis loves you too," Louis said as he smiled at Liam. "I love you too bud," Liam said blowing a kiss towards Louis. "Papa what are these wires for?" Louis asked curiously. "These wires help papa feel better," Harry said motioning to the IV bag connected to his arm. "Does it hurt papa?" Louis added. "Not at all babe it did for a second but it felt like a shot," Harry said trying not to scare Louis.
"I'm scared papa," Louis said not used to seeing all these hospital equipment. "Its okay babe I know it's scary but all this equipment helps people like me get better," Harry said. "Like a band aid helps Louis when he gets a boo boo?" Louis asked puzzled. "Yeah like that boo," Harry said smiling at Louis.
"Alright boys I think it's about time we start heading home," Anne said already regretting Louis' reaction to leaving Harry in the hospital. "Bye papa and daddy," Niall and Zayn said with no issue. "Papa no come?" Louis said not wanting to leave his papa. "Not yet bubba," Harry said pouting. "Want to stay with papa," Louis said cuddling into Harry's embrace. "I know bud but papa doesn't want you to get sick," Harry said guilty.
"Okay papa Louis understands," Louis said sadly holding his arms up so Anne could pick him up. Liam saw the look on Louis' face and immediately went over to Louis. "Awe bubba don't be sad. We understand you want papa home; believe me we all do but papa needs to be here so he can get better," Liam said trying his best to comfort Louis. "Daddy when are you coming home?" Louis asked unexpectedly.
How would you respond to your child if they asked you the very same question? "Soon baby papa needs me here to make him well," Liam said feeling guilty that he knows he should be more at home with the boys instead of the hospital. "Papa is scared of hospitals?" Louis asked puzzled. "Sort of bubba it's hard to explain but daddy promises that he and papa will come home and we'll be one big happy family again," Liam said.
"Alright honey I think nana is ready to go. You be a good boy for nana, daddy and papa. We'll call you every day and night," Liam said placing one last kiss on Louis' forehead. "Bye daddy," Louis said sadly waving goodbye as Anne and the boys made their way out of the hospital.
With the boys on their way home Liam turned his attention back to harry. "Hey honey how are you feeling?" Liam asked. "I'm fine babe I think I'll take a nap," Harry said as he yawned. "That's fine babe I'll be here when you wake up," Liam said as he watched Harry slowly doze off. With Harry asleep Liam contemplated what Louis told him. he knew he should be at home with the boys but he also wanted to be here at the hospital with Harry; especially with the surgery approaching in less than a week.