chapter 52

"That's it babe just concentrate on me," Liam said as he continued to coach Harry to continue his breathing. Liam could see the blank stare Harry was presenting; his eyes were big like he had just seen a ghost. "Don't worry babe I'm right here there's nothing here," Liam said sensing Harry's nerves. It took a while but Liam was able to get Harry relaxed. "That's right baby just relax," Liam said occasionally placing tender kisses on Harry's hand as Harry fluttered his eyelids sleep trying to take over. "Just relax babe I'll be here all the time while you rest," Liam said as he watched Harry fall asleep. With Harry finally asleep Liam casually let go of his comforting hold on Harry but he still remained in the bed next to Harry. As Harry slept he dreamed about Liam and the boys a week after his surgery Liam had found out Harry didn't make it through the surgery. Liam was in the kitchen making breakfast for the boys. "Dad I miss papa," Louis said playing with his food. "I know boo I do too but he's no longer in pain," Liam said as he put down the spatula and made his way over to his youngest child and hugged him close. "I know bud I miss him too," Liam said as Louis cuddled into Liam's embrace. Moments later Harry's ghostly apparition appeared and spoke "I miss you all too; especially you boo," Harry said as he carded his hand through Louis' hair. Back at the hospital Harry started whining in his sleep and Liam could sense it so he made his way over to Harry and continued to comfort Harry. "It's not real Harry just relax," Liam said whispering sweet nothings into Harry's ear. "No Liam don't forget me," Harry mumbled in his sleep. "Babe wake up you're dreaming," Liam said trying to coax Harry awake. "Haz come on babe wake up for me please," Liam continued lightly shaking Harry not too much as to jostle him awake. Eventually Harry stopped whining and mumbled incoherently "what-what happened?" Harry said as he looked around the room gathering in his surroundings. "It's okay babe you were just having a bad dream. Whatever your dream was about don't worry about it." Liam said trying to ease his mind to forget about the dream. "Baby it seemed so real," Harry said trying to explain how he felt in his dream. "Babe I understand I wish I could take all the pain away," Liam said trying his best to comfort Harry. "When the time comes for the surgery everything will go well and you'll make it through the surgery," Liam said. "How do you know?" Harry asked apprehensively. "Because my husband is strong, brave and a fighter; I'll be by your side through this like I have been from the beginning," Liam said supportingly. "This surgery will be fine babe," Liam said. "I want to believe you babe but the nerves are still there," Harry said placing his hand on his stomach. "I understand babe but you're stronger than these emotions. Believe me when I say me and the boys and your mom and my mom want you to get better and when you wake up from the surgery you'll be better and stronger." Liam said. "Promise?" Harry asked rising up his pinky. "I promise babe forever and always," Liam said sealing the deal.