2: Welcome home.

Hanan
The heater raised the room temperature lowering the cold that licked at Hanan's face and crept under her clothes. It was a saturday afternoon and she had nothing to do but sketch new designs. She grew up having interest in fashion and at the age of 16 she became one of the youngest fashion designers in Nigeria.

"Ya Hanan, Ya Hanifa wants to talk to you." Janan uttered passing her her phone.

"Whats up girl?"

"Where the hell did you keep your phone?" Hanifa yelled through the phone. She had to distance the phone a little from her ear.

"Did someone ever told you that your voice is horrible?"

"Are you hating on my voice?"

"I'm a busy young lady you know."

"I have been thinking of unfriending you lately, I don't know if I should do it right now."

"Your loss, all I know is I'm a keeper."

"Your confidence though, sha just called to remind you of the welcome home party later. You must come, don't tell me Ya Habib. Just get your lazy ass there later, okay?"

"Yes milady"

"Good" She uttered cutting the call. The idiot thought it was easy for Hanan to get out of the house when Ya Habib is around.

It was a late evening event and Ya Habib would surely not let her step a foot out of the house. Her only way out is dragging Janan and Ya Sameer into it.

"Janan darling" She called.

"Okay it's time for business. Say it out sister."

"Did I say anything?"

"For God sake Ya Hanany, I am 19 and I lived all those years together with you. I can translate every single tone of your voice."

"I give up then. Okay, the thing is there is this welcome home party of Hanifa's cousin and I really can't afford to miss the fun. You know Ya Habib afterall."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"It's simple, all you need to do is to tag along. I will plan the rest with Ya Sameer."

"So what do I get in return?"

"I knew that was coming. What do you want?"

"That silver clutch Maama gave you on your 21st birthday and that maroon shiffon top too."

"No way, I am not giving that clutch to you."

"Cool, you can just forget about attending the party then."

"Fine, you can have it. Now get your big head to the bathroom and freshen up. We are leaving in two hours."

"Awnnnn, I love you." She giggled enveloping Hanan in a hug.

"Don't awwnnn me."

Janan had always being her best relathief. She would always rob her of either clothes, jewelries, bags, shoes or makeup products. She called it business but to Hanan it was domestic robbery.

"Ya Sameer" Hanan called pushing the door to his room. He was on call with someone, probably a lady.

"Baby, I will call you back later. I love you too." He said to the lady he was talking with on phone before hanging up the call.

"Ya Sameer, did I ever told you that you are my favorite in this house?"

"Jeez, girl is at it again. What do you want?"

"Great, just great. I think I should just be skipping the sweet words."

"My thoughts exactly."

"Ya Sameer I need your help. There will be a welcome home party for Hanifa's cousin today and I really have to go."