20: Two is a pair, three is a crowd.

9:01am.
Paris, France.
Huda whose eyes were on her phone when they came glanced up at them and flashed a smile.

What is she aimimg at? Muhsin thought.

"Hanan" He called softly and she shifted her gaze from Huda to him. "You wanted your car, didn't you?" He paused, Hanan staring into those deep brown eyes for clues. "Mr Winfrey will drive you to work, I will start processing your license."

"Ok" She uttered and Muhsin gave her hand a gentle squeeze. If she understood him through his eyes, then he is pleading with her to try and understand him just this once. She nodded calmly and without a glance towards Huda's direction, she made her way to the white Ford.

"Be careful." Muhsin told Mr Winfrey as he sat on the driver's seat. He watched until their car drove out of the villa before he got into his car and drove off. As they rode through the city, Huda who was extremely smug turned on the music. She sang along and danced to Sia and Sean Paul's cheap thrills until Muhsin put off the radio and she glanced at him for an explanation. "Are you that happy?" He asked.

"You chose me over your wife, isn't that a reason enough to celebrate?" She giggled, just the mere thought of it makes her ecstatic.

"I didn't choose you over her. She seems to be more matured than you who is two years older than her. So I used her maturity to solve the problem you tried to create." Muhsin said, his eyes remained fixed on the road.

"You've changed alot MK. Where is the brother that always took my side? Where is the bestfriend that always stood by me?"

Huda's words hit home. Women always had their way. She made him the bad guy in just 60 seconds. And truly, he had been mean to her. She was someone he shared his life with until now. "Huda, you mean alot to me and I am still your brother and friend. Nevertheless, you should understand that I am married now and I have to protect this woman. She left her home and her family and came here to live with me whom she met just two months back." Muhsin tried to explain.

"And me? You think I am here for the damn convocation thing? Am I paying the price for loving someone that doesn't feel the same?" Huda uttered, tears streaming down her face.

Muhsin hushed for a while, men just can't understand women. They will wrong you and make you look like the bad one. And in the end, you will have no other choice but to apologise for their mistake. With a sigh, he parked the car in front of her faculty. "Huda" He called as she opened the door. She halted, her eyes fixed on the floor. "I am sorry. I will make amends In Shaa Allah (If Allah wills)" As he ended his statement, she smirked, wiped off her crocodile tears and stomped out without a glance. The Muhsin she knew would never ignore a crying lady, and he turns out to be his old self.
°•○●□♤■♡◇♧☆▪《
1:30pm,
Hanan's office.
"Thank you so much for the hijabs Hanan. I love them." Arianna gave Hanan a side hug.

Hanan shook her head gently, her lips departed in a small smile. "Don't bother. Just wear it next time if you are grateful."

"Of course I will. Thank you."

Their little conversation was interrupted by Ami, Mr Alex's secretary. She walked up to them and summoned Hanan to the CEO's office. Hanan excused herself from their little convo with Arianna and trailed after Selena to Mr Alex's office which was a short distance from theirs. She placed a soft knock on his door before he welcomed her into his grey furnished crib."Have a seat." Mr Alex offered.

"Thank you." She uttered, pulled the grey office chair and sat. She noticed how he was staring at her, which she found very uncomfortable.

"So Mrs Khaleed, how are you coping with work. I heard you will be participating in the upcoming project."