19: Uninvited guest.

5:03pm.
Paris, France.
There was a loud bang as a baggage hit the polished concrete floor. Muhsin's lips departed slowly from Hanan's, his hands gripped tightly on her shoulders. She stood fixed on the spot as she tardily opened her eyes, abashed and discomfitted. Muhsin let go of her and both moved their gazes to the direction of the bang. Huda stood uptight by the door, with her mouth agape and envy boiling in her blood. The couple were dumbstruck at the sight of her.

"Hi" She waved her hand in the air to break the awkward energy that lingered around, her hello had venom in it.

"Huda, you? Here?" Muhsin asked perplexed.

"Why? I am not welcomed?"

"Of course not. I was just not expecting to see you here." Muhsin ran a hand through his hair.

"So, can I come in now?" She uttered picking up her luggage.

Hanan was burning with rage but Huda was their guest, being nice is the least she could do for someone that came to their place all the way from Nigeria. "You are welcome." Hanan welcomed Huda.

Huda gave Hanan a quick spiteful glance. "Thanks." She said then walked a little closer to Muhsin. "Where is my room?"

The hell was that? Her what? Her room? Keep your calm Hanan, lets see where this is going. Hanan's subconscious mind spoke.

Muhsin shifted his gaze to Hanan, he didn't like what was happening but Huda is his family, he had no other choice. "Hanan where do you think she should stay?"

Muhsin's words did things to the girls. One of them felt superior and the other felt inferior. To Hanan, Muhsin's words made it clear to Huda that she was the woman of the house, the boss and the decision maker. To Huda, it was vice versa.

"She can use the room upstairs next to the balcony." Hanan said, her head held a little high.

Huda felt like strangling her at that very moment but she laid-back, atleast for the time being, she should collect herself. "MK, can you help me with my luggage?" She asked Muhsin.

"Rosaline." Hanan called before Muhsin could utter a word. Rosaline came running towards them.

"Yes ma'am" She answered.

"Take that luggage to the room upstairs next to the balcony." She ordered, then glanced at Huda who was now glaring at her. "She will help you arrange your stuff." Hanan uttered than shifted her gaze to Muhsin. "You had a long day at work, shower and rest for a bit before dinner. And yes.." She glanced back at Huda. "Dinner at 8pm, the dining table is over there." She said, then made her way to the stairs.

"Ok, I will see you at dinner. I need to freshen up now." Muhsin smiled, before trailing after Hanan.

Huda bit her lower lip, looking daggers at both of them until they were out of sight. She stomped her foot softly, scowled at Rosaline and soon after, she began ascending the stairs.
°•●○□■♤♡◇♧☆▪¤¿

8:15pm.
The night was cold despite the sleeping breeze. Neither the curtains fluttered nor the lawns danced to the rhythm of the usual breeze. Huda strode down to the dining area, her hair tied in a pony tail and an untied scarf on the shoulder of her sleeveless shiffon top. The top went down to her thighs while her legs were covered with a leggings. Muhsin and Hanan were already eating on the dining table, having fun as they eat.

"Wait, there is rice on your face." Muhsin told Hanan, pointing his spoon at her face.

"Where?" She began to touch her face.

"Wait." He pinched the side of her mouth as if picking something there, Hanan flinched in pain. "There." Mushin uttered with a smirk.

"Let me see the rice." Hanan scowled at him. She opened his fist and there was nothing in there. "There was no rice on my face, right?"