22: Complicated relationships.

4:30pm.
Muhsin's villa.
Paris, France.
Hanan swung the door open and her heartbeat stopped for a second. The love of her life was standing right in front of her. He was still the same, his eyes twinkled with love and his teeth glistened with his heartwarming smile. Giving in, she dashed into his arms, resting her head on his chest while her shuddering hands engulfed him in a hug. He placed one of his hands on her back and the other on her hair as he tightened the hug. The world stopped around them, letting their hearts speak about the longing, the missing and the love. And just like a healed wound had been torn open, the tears Hanan kept in for long bounced down, soaking his shirt and warming his body. Instead of breaking the hug, he let her tears fall, let them wet him and warmed him.

From a second to sixty seconds to two minutes and to three minutes, he let her sob silently until she willingly pulled out of the hug. She looked up at him, at those hazel brown eyes that resembled hers as if he was appearing in her dream. "What's up princess." He muttered, wiping off her tears.

"I miss you Yaya, I miss you."

"I am sure you did. When I told you I'm missable, you didn't believe me." He smirked making her laugh.

"Now that we are talking about it, I think I didn't miss you that much." She shook her.

"Oh I see! So you were crying because you didn't miss me, right?"

"Something entered my eye yaya. Oh my Allah, you didn't think it was because of you, did you?"

"I assure you that I didn't." He uttered, the corner of his lips elevated in a smile. The smile absconded after he noticed her bandaged hand. He grasped the hand gently, bringing it closer to his eyes. But as his upper and lower lips departed to speak, he heard footsteps coming towards them. Both of them shifted their gazes to the direction of the steps which belonged to Muhsin and Huda. Huda gave them a quick glance and without a word she made her way to the couch.

With a wide smile, Muhsin ambulated towards them. "Habib, what a pleasant surprise." They shook their hands and went for a quick manly side hug.

"Surprise visits are awesome, especially when you know you are missed." Habib beamed.

"I agree with you on that. Why are you standing though, please sit." Muhsin led the way and the three sat down, with Hanan sitting right beside her brother. "How was your trip?" Muhsin asked after they settled down, he didn't even glance to Huda's direction.

"Pleasant, Alhamdulillah. How have you all been?"

"We've been good, right dummy?" Muhsin smirked, looking at Hanan.

"Apart from you being a bully, I think we are good dumbo." Hanan shot him a glare. "Yaya, this man here is a bully."

"Guess who is calling Muhsin a bully? Say that to everyone else but me baby sis." Habib pulled her nose a little.

"That's so not fair Yaya. You should be taking my side not his." Hanan pouted, cracking both the men up. Huda shot them a glare for the first time since they sat which didn't go unnoticed by Habib.

"Of course I should be taking my munchkin's side. Now tell me, what happened to your hand?" Habib asked.

Hanan swiftly glanced at Huda and then at Muhsin before she looked back at Habib. She mustered up a smile, which sure didn't reach her heart. "Ya Habib do you really have to ask a woman how she got hurt? I mean isn't it obvious that it happened while I was in the kitchen."

"I thought your bully of a husband bullied you." Habib joked. He knew she was lying, of course he would, after all she grew up right in front of his eyes. He was glad though, his naive baby sister had grown up so well. So well, she was matured enough to cover up the garbage in her home. Maama would be so proud of how great how daughter had become. She sure did raise them well that if Paapa was here, he wouldn't have any regrets.