49: June the 10th

10th June, 2017.
'Five days of emotional torture', that was what Hanan named the days she spent with no news of Muhsin. Ever since Maama told her what happened to him, no one spoke to her about him again. Not even Janan, or Hanifa, or Ya Sameer. He became a non existent topic in her home and the world at large. There was no news of him anywhere, she personally confirmed that. The only voices were those of fans crying out for updates about him and his case. But no tv station had been able to respond to the people's pleas. Heck no, no one had any information about him. All the world knew was that he was alive and doing good, nothing more.

She had called him countless times all to no avail. Huda picked up the first time but she was busy picking up towels to remember to tell him that she called. No one answered the second time and then his phone had been off the rest of the time.

Ummi hadn't said much to her either. The first time she called her asking about him, she told her "oh Muhsin is doing great, he is sleeping right now, I will tell him you called." The second time was yet another excuse. "He is fine, went out to meet a friend" Ummi had said to her. And the reasons why he couldn't talk to her at that very moment went on and on until she gave up.

All her mind could fathom was, he was either still angry with her or he didn't want them anymore. Maybe he finally decided to take heed of her advice and hook up with Huda. So many possibilities which she was just about to find out that very day.

10th June, the day she made a pinky promise to wait 17 summers for the cute boy that saved her life. 10th June, the day she promised to sever all ties with Muhsin Khaleed and hook up with her long lost love. 10th June, the day she is supposed to build one relationship and break another.

She had waited 17 years for that particular day, but when the day finally came, she wish she could turn back the hands of time or bring the world to a halt. No, she didn't care no more about the boy she met at five. The only thing she wanted to have on 10th of June was her husband, and nothing else. But what if her husband doesn't want her anymore?

The sound of the gates brought her out of her trance and like a magnet attracted to a pole, she found herself standing by the window. And there, Ya Allah, her heart stopped for a second. The world rotated anti clockwise and her vision blurred for an instant. Her soul quivered in anticipation. All she wanted was to feel herself wrapped in his arms, to feel the warmth of his breath, the beat of his heart, the smell of him, to feel him and him in his entirety.

He looked exactly like the man of her dreams except the unmasked sadness that lingers on his face. With a heavy heart, knowing she caused a huge amount of his pain, she watched as he gracefully walked into the main entrance of her home.

He's fine. He's back. He came for her. Muhsin came for her.

She wanted to run down and give him a bone crushing hug, but she also wanted to look her best as she did that.

The vigor she lost for days she lost count of bounced back, and she hurried into the bathroom for a shower. She had been in bed all day and because everyone at home knew what 10th June meant to her, they let her have her rest.

After good ten minutes of washing, scrubbing and mouth-washing, she moseyed out of the bathroom.

Janan was sitting on the edge of the bed when she came out. And when their eyes met, she flashed Janan the smile that ceased to exist since she came home.

"You don't have to tell me. I know he is here." She blushed, walking past Janan to stand by the vanity. "Do you think I should wear the lace I bought for purple Hanifa's yinin biki? Or maybe the other red fabric, he loves it when I wear red you know." She gave Janan a hearty smile and when she opened her mouth to speak, she cut her off again. "Oh please, don't even start with the 'but it's for Hanifa's wedding' lecture please. My husband is here for me after 17 good days, and you are thinking about wedding clothes. Just tell me whether I should wear the purple or the red?" Her cheeks were tomato red from blushing too much.