33: Beneath the stars.

Kuta, Bali.
It was after lunch that the family decided to head out for their tour. Habib personally hired a tour guide to show them around throughout their stay in Bali. When everyone was after the fun part of the trip, Hanan wished the trip will help Muhsin take a step towards the exit of the carapace he locked himself in since Didi's demise. Her life had drastically changed to the extent that whatever she wishes for or whatever she does is in one way or the other linked to her at one time enemy. Or was the enmity just in her head all along, she couldn't say.

And now that she was looking at him all glammed up in blue plaid shirt and white pants, she knew he was a threat to her frail heart. She couldn't take her eyes off him even after he stood just some few steps away, his eyes clad with a Giorgio Armani sunshades. His rolled up sleeves completed the look like a piece completing a puzzle. Muhsin was so handsome, so handsome Hanan felt she could stare at him for eternity.

But then, the feeling was mutual because Muhsin also found her attractive. He didn't know what she wore until now since he was out when she got ready and joined the girls but now, here they were, standing opposite each other dressed in blue shirts and white breeches. Though Hanan's shirt was loose, falling to her thighs and instead of trousers, she was wearing a straight skirt and her hair was covered with a white veil. He had always thought she looked her best in red but looking at her at that moment, it seemed white could be a competing option.

"Why do I feel like a third party crashing a couple's honeymoon?" Hanifa interrupted their little staring contest.

Breaking the eye contact, Muhsin ran a hand over the nape of his neck, flashing his pearly whites at Hanifa and Hameeda that stood a short distance away from them. "Hanifa do you mind hearing a little piece of advice from your brother?" He asked.

"Sure, as long as he is willing to advice." She folded her hands across her chest.

"Always believe in your instincts, always." Muhsin uttered cracking the girls up. They understood exactly where he was going with that, they were the triple Hs after all, the smart girls gang.

"Hameeda remind me never to step on Muhsin's orbit again, he is not the reticent type anymore, all thanks to the outgoing Mrs." She glanced at Hanan whose cheeks were starting to hurt from grinning too much.

"I am sorry but I think I am going to terminate the fun session around here. The tour person over there is waiting, we have to go." Habib interrupted, his hands buried in his camou pants' pockets.

Muhsin chuckled softly. "The elder has spoken, we have to leave." He teased and everyone laughed before making their ways to the exit.
****

The family cooled off the afternoon heat at Waterbom, an incredible water park that happens to be number one in Asia and number three in the world. They ate, drank, relaxed and went absolutely crazy on the fantastic rides. And now, they were heading to take a submarine down to the deep blue sea.

Hanan's hands trembled as she played with the ring on her finger, moving it to different directions out of nervousness. She almost protested against the idea of taking the submarine deep down the sea. But then she didn't want to burst the girls' bubbles and she wasn't ready to get it from them especially Huda and Hanifa that were so excited about the so called exploring the sea session. And now that she could gawk openly at the school of fishes around coral reefs, and jellyfish and stingray gliding their way across the large ocean floor, she felt her heart making its way to her throat.

But then Muhsin noticed, he always noticed. He took hold of her hands and wrapped them around him from his right side where she stood. Understanding his kind gesture, she side-hugged him tighter, resting her head on the side of his chest. And with that, she knew he got her and she felt safe, the nervousness dying down. Funny how the talky girls didn't even notice since they were all so engrossed in the sights outside.