6: Wedding bells.

Mushin
Muhsin gulped down the tenth cup of green tea. Tea was always his thing when he was nervous, the reason why he takes it is something he was not sure of. It just kind of soothes his nervousness or so he thought. He had had a sleepless night praying to him Azzawajal to not let him live long enough to see a future that doesn't include Hanan. He doesn't know what love is but he knew that what he felt for Hanan was out of the ordinary. It was the first time he felt so determined to fight for someone. He was willing to wait for a year, two years or maybe he did rather die waiting for Hanan than live his life with someone else.

"Hey" Didi snapped her fingers near Muhsin's eyes. He was so caught up in his thoughts to even notice her presence.

"Didi" Muhsin took a deep breath.

"Ya Allah, just what did Hanan do to our Chocho. May Allah forgive her." Didi shook her head.

"Didi quit the drama. What's up with you? Why are you here this early?"

"Hanan's mother called Ummi this morning. Something happened."

"She said no, didn't she? " Muhsin asked hopelessly.

"I am sorry brother but Hanan....."

"Didi save a soul and go straight to the point. "

To say he was edgy will be an understatement. All his life, the only women I loved were Ummi and Didi. They meant the world to him and he felt blessed having them in his life. But then suddenly, someone appeared and introduced him to new feelings. She made him see light where he always saw darkness. She made him want to settle and build his own little world. Just the thought of losing her sickens every single cell in his body.

"Hanan said yes Chocho. She agreed to get married to you." Didi let out the good news.

And as soon as Didi finished her last sentence, Muhsin fell on his knees and performed sujudush shukur (Prostration of appreciation). He got on his toes and embraced Didi in a warm hug. Breaking the hug, he gently kissed her forehead. Muhsin had always hated Didi's hugs, they made him feel like a baby of Aiman's age. But for this good news, she deserved not just a hug but a kiss of appreciation as well. She stood dumbstruck like a statue, probably because she never saw that coming.

"Thank you Didi, here have my car as a token of gratitude." Muhsin put the key on her palm and clenched her fingers to hold on the key before he sauntered out to the main house.

"I am sorry sir, I didn't see you coming." The gateman said after they bumped into each other.

"No, no don't mind. I was the one in a hurry, so I am sorry. Here, buy yourself something nice." Muhsin smiled gifting him some thousand naira notes.

"Ranka ya dade (may you live long) godiya nake (thank you)." He thanked Muhsin while he just smiled and proceeded into the main house.

Muhsin found Ummi standing by the dining table. She was beautifully dressed like a queen that she was. He moved closer and hugged her from behind. She twirled around and hugged him even tighter. It was a moment of pure bliss. He heard her sob softly, so he gently pulled out of her grip.

"Can I know the reason behind the queen's tears?" Muhsin asked wiping her tears with his thumb.

"These are tears of joy ya habibi (dearest) My prayers are finally answered. Alhamdulillah (Thank you Allah)." Ummi's lips curved into a smile.

"I know right. You look pretty as always milady." They burst out into series of laughters.

"Here have some jelabis (a sweet snack of indian origin) Happy engagement Mushin Khaleed." Ummi smiled feeding Muhsin the tasty jelabi.