9: First night.

The wedding dinner brimmed with people from different parts of the world. Not even Muhsin had ever seen that much people since he was bounced into this world. Hanan had tried to ignore her worries and enjoy the moment that would change her life forever. She was a girl that believe in living the moment afterall.

It was on Sunday evening, after the walima was over. Janan, Hameeda, Hanifa and other close relatives and friends said their goodbyes and left Hanan in her new home. Didi and Aiman stayed with her to cheer her up as she kept crying ever since they left. Their stay helped enliven Hanan's mood. She especially enjoyed Aiman's company. She found him to be a cute and loving kid.

"Hany honey, I am sorry but I think we should leave now." Didi said to Hanan picking up her bag.

"Didi can't you just stay a bit longer?" Hanan said calmly.

"I would have done that but my husband is waiting and you both need some privacy too. Chocho will be here in few minutes." Didi uttered and Hanan's head got heavy.

What privacy do they need? She had nothing to say to Muhsin. She needed no privacy with the man that took her away from her family, her friends and her firstlove. Things would have been different if her husband was Mr knight not Mr celebrity.

Didi and Aiman bade Hanan goodbye and left. It was after they left that she realised that she had left the Shafiqs' mansion for real. Instead of Ya Habib's husky voice, Ya Sameer's flirty tone when talking on phone, the sound of the tv when Maama is watching news and Janan's endless whines, the only sound was Hanan's moving bracelets. And suddenly, it dawned on her that those days were gone, her life has changed forever. Habib and Sameer's brotherly hugs, Janan's banters and Maama's warmth is something she would only experience when she gets to see them again maybe in a week, a month or a year. The tears she tried so hard to hold back began to cascade down her face. The pain was just so unbearable. She didn't know what hurts the most between leaving her family behind or getting married to the person she felt nothing for.

The soft knock on the door made Hanan to abruptly wipe off her tears. Muhsin gently opened the door and sauntered in with a salam. Hanan answered his greetings while looking down on her bangles. He kept the goodies he brought on the table and sat down close to her.

"Hello wifey." He said with a smile plastered on his lips.

If only Muhsin knew his words felt like venom diffusing into Hanan's body. If only he knew the damages he had caused, if only....

The tears Hanan managed to stop came gushing down. She felt miserable. Muhsin used his hand to raise her chin. He stared at her face that was messed up with tears. Seeing her like that made him want to do anything, anything to stop those tears. He had just met Habib and he told him about her firstlove and how she was still head over heels in love with him. He felt guilty for bringing an end to her lovestory that was yet to begin. Watching the first and only woman he had loved crying her heart out because of him was torture.

"Hanan I am sorry. Habib just told me about him, I had no idea." Muhsin uttered with love evident in his eyes.

Hanan looked straight into his eyes making Muhsin's heart skip a beat. She was the one, the girl he felt in every living cell in his body. His first critic and anti-fan. When all ladies chased after him, she was the only one that walked away while he chased after her. She was right in front of him, even married to him but her heart belongs to someone else. But for this woman, he would do anything to see her smile, even if it meant letting her go.

"My wait was almost over. Just six more months Muhsin." Hanan spoke, her tears intensified.

And at that moment, Muhsin decided to take the biggest risk, to gamble with his heart. Love is selfless afterall. Sometimes, love means letting go.