18: New place, new people.

1:25pm
Paris, France.
Hanan's body felt numb and weak, as she climbed out of the darkness and slowly opened her eyes, squinting at the bright light above her head. Everything felt so strange and so very unfamiliar. The last thing she remembered was waking for subhi with a severe headache, but now she seems to be having fever too. There was a cool, damp washcloth on her forehead which she knew was probably there to lower her body temperature.

"I am glad you are awake." A masculine voice whispered, jolting her from her thoughts.

Glancing to her right, she caught sight of Muhsin clad all in white, smiling warmly at her. "Why am I here?" She uttered, her voice dry and dull.

Muhsin stretched his arm out and gripped her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "It's all my fault, I am sorry. I shouldn't have drenched you in the pool last night. You passed out earlier, I think you are having a cold."

She shook her head a little and gave him a faint smile to assure him that it wasn't his fault.

"I will make some tea for you. Have it before taking your medicines." Muhsin rose and made his way to the exit.
°•○●□■♤♡◇♧☆▪¤¿

"Honey Lemon Ginger Tea, super effective in curing colds." Muhsin put down the cup of tea on the table and advanced to help Hanan to sit up but she refused.

"You have to take atleast this Hanany. You should be healthy inorder to work at Lex."

Hanan forced a faint smile, Muhsin is now treating her like a 6 year old. She gave in and let Muhsin feed her the tea. She was too weak to speak so she pushed the cup gently after taking half the cup of the tea.

"Just three more sips Hanan." Muhsin persuaded but Hanan shook her head. "Ok, one more."

"Stubborn." Hanan uttered feebly, then took a sip of the tea.

"Look who is calling me stubborn." Muhsin shook his head, feeding her some medicines. "Now, get some rest." He rested her body on the bed.

"Can you call Maama for me?"

"You will make her worried with your weak voice. Get some rest, I will call her for you later." Hanan nodded a little, then closed her eyes while Muhsin pulled the coverlet on her.
♧◇♡♤■□●○•°☆▪¤¿

8pm.
The cool night breeze whizzed, fluttering the curtains and wiggling the trees. Muhsin stood by the dining table, checking on the food he asked Mrs Winfrey to prepare when two arms hugged him from behind. His heart jounced at that and he fidgetted in his position. Is he ever going to get used to this? Can he ever fall out of love when the mere sight of her do things to him? Clearing the thoughts, he took a deep breath, then grasped her hands and gently removed them from his stomach. He twirled around and faced a smiling Hanan, who looked much better and stronger. She had changed into a new set of PJs, letting her hair gracefully fall down to her shoulders.

Muhsin ran his hand through her hair, giving her the best smile he could muster. "You are awake." Muhsin tuck her hair abaft her right ear while she nodded. "Dummy looks better now. Don't fall sick again."

"Yes sir." Hanan saluted and they both chuckled. "I am hungry." Hanan sighed, touching her tummy.

"You must be. You ate nothing today. Come, let's eat."

"Can we eat by the fireplace?"

"Wow, where is the cranky Hanany? Just be yourself woman, this your obedient self is giving me goose bumps."

"Should I?" Hanan chuckled. "Alright, get your lazy self to the fireplace dumbo."

"There!" Muhsin gave her a thumbs up and they moved the food to the fireplace.