50: Moving on

15th June, 2017.
Abuja, Nigeria.
With the wedding frenzy and all, Hanan had little time to mull over her marital affairs. Being the bride's best friend and groom's immediate sister, she was always on the move, taking care of too much to worry about what Muhsin was doing with his life. But every now and then, despite the crowd and chores, she thought about him and about her and about them. Regardless, she moved with the tide. She swore not to let her personal problems interfere with how much she was supposed to make the most out of her two favorite people's wedding. And with the help of her family and friends, she kept her oath.

"Alhamdulillah, you are officially Mrs Sameer Shafiq. Welcome to the family sweetheart." Hanan gave a smiling Hanifa a hug as soon as Ya Habib texted her and told her it was official.

Hanifa nudged her, grinning from ear to ear. "I've always being a part of your family stupid."

"Exactly! We've always being a part of each other's families." Hameeda uttered, joining them for a group hug.

"I concur." Hanan giggled, breaking the hug when Mama, Hanifa's mother summoned her and Hameeda.

"You two come and make sure all your friends get served. I can't trust Khadija with that work. Yalla get up." Mama called.

"Right after you Mama." Hameeda said as they both got up and followed suit.
**************

Hanan gasped, looking at her reflection in the full length mirror. She had asked the makeup artist for a subtle look but the artist decided to give her the total party face. With the eye glitters, the highlight, the red lips and all, she really was slaying in her red dinner dress. Too much sauce for the groom's sister and the bride's bestfriend.

"Oh my Sally, I told you to keep it simple." Hanan whined.

"You are too important to look simple for this wedding ma'am. You are supposed to glow, like yeah, it's your people's wedding. You look absolutely stunning, I feel like eating you with ketchup." Sally blabbered.

Hanan chuckled. "Not going there for attention seeking but thank you anyway, I should leave before you eat me up though." She draped a veil around her, picked her clutch and slipped into her shoes. "It's pin drop silent in here, I hope Janan didn't leave me behind. I will be stuck here if she did." She muttered, dialing Janan's digits. She was the last person to get ready for the dinner since she had being running errands all day to be able to get ready in time. She was supposed to leave with Janan but it didn't seem like Janan was home.

"Why? Don't tell me she is not picking your call." Sally grimaced.

Hanan rolled her eyes after Janan didn't pick the third time. "I want to skin this girl and all of them out there alive. I mean how could they not notice I am absent."

Sally stifled a chuckle. "And I didn't bring my car, the driver is coming back for me. Let's see how fast he can come."

Hanan's phone beeped with a text message. "Wait, she just sent me a message."

Had no intention of leaving you behind sis, but the girls didn't want to miss the entrance, they pushed me into driving them there and guess what, Ya Hanifa and Ya Sameer stopped the bridal train. No one is moving until you are here, I am so jealous of you right now. Sent a car to pick you up, it's waiting for you outside. Please don't hit me when you come, my crush is here. Xoxo

"How silly!" Hanan rolled her eyes, trying to squelch the smile that threatened her lips. The whole freaking bridal train was brought to a standstill for her. It really was her people's wedding.

"Okay Sally, I will see you tomorrow, yes?"

"Yeah, doing Hanifa's walima makeup. I will see you around, have fun."