23: Little things make the biggest difference.

Monday, 6th February.
9:06am.
It was a Monday morning, Muhsin and Hanan were having breakfast together while the housemaids were busy with their morning chores. Muhsin took a bite of his omelette looking at Hanan who was going through a project presentation in her laptop.

"Your food is getting cold ma'am." Muhsin uttered, his eyes fixed on Hanan.

Hanan hit the space key, then scrolled down the presentation. "I will be done in a minute." She typed something down.

"She has been saying that for more than ten minutes now." He murmured to himself, then shook his head. He pulled her plate of chips, picked some with his fork and stretched his hand towards her mouth. "Here." He voiced and she opened her mouth to receive the food, her eyes was still on the laptop.

"Good morning." Huda greeted as she sauntered towards them. She stopped eating with them since that incident happened until today that she decided to be part of the meal. She had no more grudge against Hanan since she came to know of their divorce in four months to come. She promised herself to be patient with all their broadcast of affection. It was a short time thing anyway.

"Morning." Muhsin and Hanan answered in unison. "You woke up just in time for breakfast, come." Muhsin offered her a seat. She sat down, then filled her plate with chips and pepper soup.

Muhsin kept on feeding Hanan while she completed her presentation. Huda was so jealous but she tried to keep her calm. It's a temporary thingy, she told herself.

"Huda are you going out too?" Muhsin asked after they were done with breakfast and were getting ready to leave for work.

"No, I am going to chill at home today. You two should go ahead." She paused, then glanced at Hanan. "Good luck with your presentation." She uttered sucking the life out of Muhsin. He just couldn't understand why she changed overnight.

"Huda, are you sure you are fine?" Muhsin found her niceness weird.

She chuckled. "MK I know what's cooking up in your head. I assure you I have no other motives. We can't be fighting everyday like animals and right now, I sincerely mean no harm to your wife."

He looked at Huda and then at Hanan who was grinning. "Don't worry, we are fine now." Hanan smiled, placing a hand on Huda's shoulder.

Muhsin scrutinized their faces, he couldn't understand when and how this happened. "Are you two sure I am safe?"

"Well, we can't assure you that you are, right?" Hanan looked at Huda.

"Right." Huda answered.

Muhsin smiled with content. He never saw this day coming but he was glad it did. "I am so happy about it. But when and how did all this happened?"

"Our secret." Hanan voiced in a jiffy.

"Yes, it's a girls thing." Huda nodded.

"Good riddance." He grinned, checking his wristwatch. "Hanan you are almost late. Let's go. Later munchkin." He waved at Huda and the two made their way to the exit.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

4:50pm.
Hanan clicked the shut down button on her office desktop. She had stayed overtime to finish up her unfinished work. Her presentation earlier was a success since her innovative idea was welcomed by Mr Alex and her team at large. She had proposed a clothing package, consisting of the complete look for every occasion. The formal package with formal clothing, shoe, bag and jewelry, the party package with party clothing, shoe, bag, jewelry and many more.