12: Midnight tea on the porch swing.

29th December.
11:30am,
Paris, France🗼
Their plane landed at the Charles de Gaulle Airport at exactly 11:30am. It was freezing cold as the temperature had dropped to 3°C that very day. Hanan stood, nervously moving her ring to different directions while Muhsin stepped down the plane and headed towards her.

"Nervousness." Muhsin guessed, looking down at Hanan's fingers as she played with her ring. She gave him a questioning look and he smiled. "You do that when you are nervous, don't you?"

"We won't encounter another group of reporters, right?" She answered Muhsin's question with what she was dying to ask.

He sighed, then moved a bit closer to her. "Hanan" He called, his hazel brown eyes casting shadow on hers. "I can't say they won't be out there and I am sorry that you have to go through all this. But trust me, I will protect you to the best of my ability by the grace of Allah. Okay?" Hanan nodded in affirmation. "Put this on." Muhsin gave her a winter jacket.

"Thank you." She said and he smiled while they made way to the arrival lobby.

Just as they predicted, the arrivals brimmed with reporters from all angles of the lobby. Hanan fidgeted at the sight of them which didn't go unnoticed by Muhsin. He grasped her hand, gave her a quick smile and nodded slightly to assure her that she was safe with him. She tightened the grip on his cold hand and tried her best to muster up a smile as the cameras around them began to click furiously. She resisted the urge to close her eyes against the blinding lights.

"Was it love at first sight?"

"Is she also a software engineer?"

"What do you like the most about him?" The reporters asked endlessly.

Four hefty men came to their rescue. They cleared the way and escorted them out to their car. They got into the back seats of the XJ supersport and the chaffeur ignited the engine and accelerated the car.

Muhsin switched his sim card and dialed Abdulmajid's number. Abdulmajid was his one and only Nigerian friend that works as a prosecutor in Paris. Abdulamajid's mother was a french woman while his father was from the northern part of Nigeria. He had attended Muhsin's wedding but came back a day after.

"Assalamu alaikum (May peace be upon you)." Muhsin greeted.

"Wa alaikumus salam (Peace be upon you too)." Abdulmajid greeted as well.

"I thought you were picking us up." Muhsin stated.

"I am fine, my wife is also doing great. Thanks for asking." Abdulmajid said sarcastically.

"Okay, I am sorry. How are you? And Maryam?"

"We're doing great. How is Hanan? And the papparazi? I am sorry I couldn't pick you up. I had a trial at court. "

"Hanan is good. You sent those men, right?

"Yeah I did. I know you two would probably have a hard time getting out of the airport. It's time you let the bodyguards the company sent to stay with you dude. You have a wife now."

"I will see to that. Are you coming over tonight?"

"Nope not today, I have alot to do at work. Maybe tomorrow insha Allah. By the way, I heard you are moving into your villa at Avenue Montaigne. Finally, you brain is doing a pretty good job." Abdulmajid teased.

"Whatever! So, see you tomorrow. Make sure you bring Maryam along."

"Insha Allah. Au revoir (Bye)." He hung the call.

After a few minutes ride, the car halted at a villa in Avenue Montaigne in the 8th arrondissement. The huge electric gate slid open bringing into view the monumental building. The chaffeur parked the car in the parking space where two other cars, a bike and a bicycle were kept. Hanan became anxious to alight from the car and feed her eyes with the beauty of the house.