3: I found her.

Hanan
The appearance of Ya Habib all of a sudden shut down Hanan's body. She stared wide-eyed at him with her mouth slightly opened and color draining from her face. Everything at that very moment semblanced like a daydream.

"Janan are you seeing what I am seeing?" Hanan absent-mindedly asked.

"Oh wow, look who I found in the mall. We ran out of detergents so I thought of coming to the mall to get some. I heard this is the largest brand new mall in town. Please pass me those detergents at your back." Ya Habib said sarcastically and she swallowed a hard lump.

"Habib, you came." Muhsin smiled at him.

"Yes, welcome home bro." They shook their hands.

"Waffles for my Yaya. I especially kept them for you." Hanan displayed her teeths, believe me, it wasn't a smile.

"Sheggs, my sister is very thoughtful." He smiled and the girls cracked up. Man thought sheggs meant bravo. If only he knew.

He gave them that what's-funny glance and they all composed themselves. Ya Habib's charisma is no joke. He could shut your mouth up with just a glance. He had that kind of gift, it was innate. Ya Sameer sighted them and came. He bailed them out by telling Ya Habib that they were invited but had no plans of coming. He was the one that insisted they stopped by just to honor the invitation but they were leaving already.

They said their goodbyes and headed back home. They dropped by at a snack bar and got some of Maama's favorites. Hameeda kept calling Hanan unnecessarily just to tell her how Ya Habib was her type of man. Funny how both her friends were crushing on her brothers. She always prayed that someday the love would be mutual.

Muhsin
The dusty harmattan wind kissed his face as he disembarked the plane. It had been 10 good years since he last came to his homeland. Merely seeing the dark skins all around brought a smile to his face, it had been long. He couldn't wait to eat all those tradition foods, he couldn't wait to wear his traditional wears, he just couldn't wait to do all those things that felt like home.

The arrivals was chock full as people were trooping in. The place became tumultuous after he walked in. They were all there because of him. It wasn't surprising though because his life had always been that way lately. Being a very successful software developer that appeared in alot of commercials gained him lots of fans all around the world. To a meek like him, it was very difficult leading a life where people find him as an icon and a role model.

He managed to get out of the airport with the help of the securities Abi (Arabic word for my father) sent. He barely finished his welcome home hugs with Abi and Ummi when Didi his elder sister told him about the welcome home party.

"Didi you know I hate parties." He bucked.

"Well the thing is Ummi and I were strongly against it but Abi agreed to it after our cousins kept pestering him. So what other choice do we have baby bro." Didi slanted her head to the right with a sneer.

"Don't blame Abi, blame your cousins." Ummi chiped in.

"Ummi might be protecting her husband right now." Muhsin beamed.

"I know right." Didi chuckled.

"Well yes, perks of having a wife. Get yourself one too." Abbi uttered and they all cracked up.

"Didi where is Aiman?"

"He is sleeping in Ummi's room."

"I should wake him up to see his one and only favorite uncle."

"I firmly scrap the idea of waking up my son from his beauty sleep." Didi protested.

"Oh wow, everyone in the house is taking sides. I guess I need a wife and a son too."