29: Dream come true.

Hanan was wide awake by 7am in the morning. She had gotten used to her new sleeping pattern because raising Iman means waking up at regular intervals to feed the poor child with milk since she wasn't privileged to feed on her mother's pure, natural milk.

"Shhh, hush little one. Don't wake daddy up." Hanan  lulled Iman who was crying with every ounce of her strength.

"Daddy is wide awake." Muhsin's voice came through before his figure appeared into the kitchen.

Hanan glanced at him, removing the sucking tip of the feeding bottle from Iman's mouth. "She woke you up? I don't know what is wrong with her today. Is she perhaps sick?"

Muhsin moseyed to the breakfast table. "I heard mothers are overly dramatic when it comes to their children. For Allah's sake Hanan, it's only normal for a child to cry."

Hanan rolled her eyes at that. "We ain't doing drama. We know the kids more than you do that's why."

Muhsin chuckled softly. "You sound more like Ummi. She'd say the same thing if she was in your shoes. Bring her, let me try." He uttered, reaching for baby Iman.

"Of course Ummi would say that since that's the one and only truth." Hanan orated, turning Iman over to him.

"I rest my case." He said in defeat, running soothing circles on Iman's back. "Allah is one, he is the only one. Who created everything. Allah is one, he is the only one. La ila ha illal lah. Can you see the sun? Can you see the moon? Can you see the shining star? Allah made them all." Muhsin sang a rhyme he learnt back in kindergarten, surprisingly hushing Iman.

Hanan's jaw dropped. "I am literally in shock right now. You ask why? Because one, I didn't know you can sing, and two, despite all my lulling, Iman chose to ignore but look now, she is dozing off already."

"You underestimate fathers, my dear. They can do it way better than you can. FYI Hanan Shafiq, there is nothing Muhsin Khaleed can't do. And yes, I know I am so full of myself." Muhsin's lips elevated in an evil grin.

"Honestly I have no idea why you majored in engineering, you could have done exceptionally wonderful in acting."

"Well, I am doing exceptionally wonderful in engineering too. So what's your point?" Muhsin raised a brow, picking up his beeping phone.

Hanan puffed some air out of her mouth. "Muhsin I am so done with you. Before you wake Iman up, take her to the room, I will make breakfast."

"Yes your highness. Sameer just texted me that he will stop by later with someone. I should tell you they are coming to see me, not you."

"Oh wow, Ya Sameer, I feel betrayed." Hanan took a heavy breath. "It will take me 24 good hours to forgive him for this. Anyway, considering that he texted you, then it must be someone important which means I should cook something nice."

"Pretty cool. I will rest Iman on the bed and come help you out." Muhsin sauntered out, leaving Hanan to prepare breakfast.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

2:20pm.
The doorbell rang, making Hanan close the lid of the steamy pot of rice she was cooking and sauntered out of the kitchen to answer the door.

"Assalamu alaikum." Sameer's greeting welcomed her eyes the moment she swung the door open. The two high fived, with Hanan scrutinizing the background in search of the so called guest he was bringing.

"Ya Sameer I see no guest. You weren't pulling our legs, were you?"

The corner of his lips elevated in a mischievous grin. "Oh you impatient woman, won't you let your brother in first?"