24: The family dinner.

Tuesday, 7th February.
6:10pm.
Muhsin's villa.
The air inside the house had always been nifty but today's was different than that of any other day. Both locally Nigerian made incenses and internationally made air fresheners were diffusing all around the house. The flowers were well trimmed and the lawn was free from dirt. The backyard was decorated with a long table having twenty chairs encircling it and red flowers placed a little distant from one another. Deep silence lingered around except in the kitchen where Hanan superintended the cooks, helping where necessary. It was supposed to be a surprise visit to Huda and thankfully she left for school since morning which made it possible to go ahead with the surprise as planned.

Hanan looked up at the clock on the kitchen wall. "Ya Rabb, it's almost time." She paused, shifting her gaze to Mrs Winfrey. "Mrs Winfrey, finish up and please make sure everything is in order before we are back. I will go up and get ready now."

"Yes ma'am." Mrs Winfrey nodded and Hanan hurried to her room.

She hopped into the bathroom and gave her body a quick scrub. When she came out, she saw a red dress on her bed and a note with 'you look damn gorgeous in red.' written on it. A smile grazed her lips but absconded in a second. She scrutinized the dress for a moment, it was flare and long sleeved with small white flower patterns around. She applied some body lotion and makeup, slipped into the dress, tied a red headgear, covered her shoulder with a white veil, put on a white shoe and sprayed some scents. Satisfied with what she saw in the full length mirror, she picked up her phone and clicked few selfies.

There was a soft knock on her door, so she glanced at herself in the mirror once more before she answered. "I am coming." She voiced, ambling towards the door.

She pulled the knob and Muhsin appeared clad in white shirt and pants. His sleeves were rolled up which made him look more attractive and hot. His thick brows knitted a little while his long straight lashes battled gently against his lids as he stared into those pitch black eyes. His hair and sideburns were well kept and you could swear he accentuated his lips with pink lipstick.

He muttered something under his breath, then moved closer to Hanan and blew it softly on her.

"What was that?" Hanan spoke, raising her head to look at him who was just a step away from her. She could smell his pleasant cologne, his scent that never change. Even if she was blindfolded, she could find him in any crowd with just that particular scent.

"I was blowing some duas on you."

Hanan tilted her head to the left and slowly blinked. "You know you are a darling at times, right?"

Muhsin snorted. "I have always being, Didi can confirm that later." He hushed, looking at a chuckling Hanan. "You look ravishing, Masha Allah."

"Thank you." Hanan smiled. "You don't look bad yourself."

"Well, I am always looking good." He raised his head with pride.

Hanan giggled, shaking her head. "I am used to hearing such from you. Now, lets go before we are late." She dusted nothing in particular on his shoulder, then made her way to the parking lot.

The couple got into one of the three cars parked near the exit gate of the villa. The car in front was to be driven by Mr Winfrey while the one behind was to be driven by Muhsin's new housekeeper, Mr Smith.

Muhsin ignited the engine but didn't move the car. When Hanan glanced at him to know the reason, she found his hazel brown eyes staring at her. A smile appeared on her lips for a second before she pushed his face gently to face his front. He grinned, then pressured the accelerator and drove out of the villa.