43: Quitclaim

20th May, 2017.
Paris, France.
Hanan's heart thumped underneath her chest, yet she was strong enough to inaudibly recite Hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakil repeatedly. She didn't know what was cooking up in Mr Alex's head, but she had a bad feeling about it.

Slowly and gracefully, he walked back to his seat and brought out a stack of papers stapled together. He glanced through them, before dropping them on the table, right in front of Hanan.

When he did that, she looked up at him for an explanation. "Read it." He said, his voice stern and commanding.

She picked up the papers and went through them. The first was a contract worth a hundred million dollars. The second was also a contract in exchange with an estate in one of the most prestigious arrondissements. The third was another contract in exchange with 25% shares in Lex. All those fortune in exchange with the software her husband worked his ass off every single day and night to create.

But before she took any decision, she wanted to hear it all directly from Mr Alex himself. "Sir?" She looked at him with an urge to know more.

He pulled his chair closer, resting his hands on the table. Staring at her from the opposite end of the humongous office table, he began. "First of all Mrs Khaleed, you do know that you have no name of your own to present to the world. All you have right now is the fame of your husband. What I am trying to give to you is a name. I am putting you on the path to make millions of dollars, build your own empire and make your country proud to have you. You could make more than your husband does. Do you know how much a hundred million dollars amount to in your country's currency?"

"No, I don't. But I will calculate that when we are done talking about the numbers." She answered.

"Great Mrs Khaleed. Do that when we are done. You could also get double or even triple the amount when you sell that estate or maybe you could give the houses out for lease. And 25% shares here at Lex, Mrs Khaleed you are officially a multibillionaire."

Hanan gave him a toothy grin. She could use the money to rebuild her village. Nice!

He adjusted his sitting position, loosening his tie a bit. "All you have to do is to get me Mr Khaleed's software before he launch it. And everything is yours."

"That's quite an easy task for such amount of riches." Hanan beamed. "So, how do I do it?"

Mr Alex smiled. "You are very smart Mrs Khaleed. I was scared for nothing." He pulled one of the drawers and brought out a flash drive. "Just connect this into his computer, it will automatically copy everything in it." He passed over the flash drive.

Hanan collected it and scrutinized for a short while before she chuckled. "It's pretty portable. So, anything else?"

"No, I guess that's it. When should I be expecting it back?"

She checked her wristwatch, and then stood up. "Let's see." She said, picking up the contract papers. She tore them into two, then four, and into tiny little pieces before throwing them on his face.

His eyes grew wide, his mouth slacked open as he watched her closely.

"I am so sorry that you get to hear this from me just now, but Alex you are the biggest idiot I came across in my entire life. I apologize for not saying that earlier. From what I understood, you know a lot about me and my background, but unfortunately you failed to understand that from where I came, we value relationships far more than we value wealth or fame. And why do you even think I want more than I already have?" She paused for some air.

"Alex you are a savage imbecile. I can't believe a person can be so vicious. Ya Allah, you disgust me Alex, you do."

His eyes were now red and a vein ticked in his forehead out of anger. He could kill Hanan any moment but he can't handle the aftermath of others finding a corpse in his company and office in particular. But he was definitely going to kill her, maybe not there but somewhere else. He had too.