Epilogue

Two years later.
Abuja, Nigeria.
Between the pacing stones comes blooms so bold and tall, giving off their aroma to the summer-infused breeze. The flowers were a new masterpiece each day, changing the frameless scenery, gazing upward at the ever-present sky. They were the warmth of the land that gives thanks to the warmth of the summer sun. They were the rainbows that arises from earth and water, yet can be nothing without those golden rays.

As he sauntered from his office wing to Hanan's, Muhsin thought of growing some hydrangeas and peonies at the office garden with the hope that Hanan would love them. The garden was artificially made and personalized for their private use when 'K&S Megacorp' was built a year back. The company had two capacious wings, Muhsin's on the left, where he ran his software operations with his employees. And Hanan's wing on the other side, where she ran her clothing brand and newly launched law firm.

He plastered a soft knock on Hanan's glass office door, moving her attention from her secretary to him. When their eyes met, she gave him a heartwarming smile.

"Just look up all similar cases for the mean time, I will sort this out before then." Hanan averted her gaze to Muhsin. "Please come in."

"Yes ma'am." The secretary picked up a few files and headed towards the exit, paying her respect to Muhsin along the way.

When the secretary was out of sight, Hanan stood on her feet and gave Muhsin a soothing hug. "I missed you." She mumbled.

"I missed you more baby."

They were both silent for a while, absorbing the warmth of each other before Muhsin broke the hug. "Just saw your message. You are not coming home with me today?" He asked.

"Yeah baby, I am so sorry. Hameeda called earlier, Khalifa's family are coming over with engagement gifts. Turns out he is finally ready to make it official."

Muhsin's lips broke into a bright smile. "That's some really good news you've got there. Masha Allah, may Allah bless the union. You didn't bring your car though, do you have other plans? I can drive you there if you don't."

"No it's okay. Hanifa is picking me up, I am sure she will be here in a few, thank you. I will be home before you get off work In Shaa Allah."

"Nah, take your time, have fun. I miss Maama, I am heading there straight after work In Shaa Allah. Tea time you know." Muhsin winked.

"Awwww, he said tea time as if it's just the tea. As if you talking about everything else isn't included. I pity Ya Habib already, I am sure he has been the latest topic of discussion now that Janan is married."

Muhsin chuckled. "Look at you saying all that as if Maama and I team up for murder. We talk about things, not just you guys, we talk about world peace and seerah and politics and how to make new tea and.."

"And Ya Habib, there, I finished it for you. You are welcome."

He giggled. "Fine, and Habib. Is it so wrong for us to want him to get married? To have this." He pointed at her and then himself. "I mean, marriage is beautiful Hanan, it gives you peace, scratch that, it completes you. And your brother, he doesn't even want to talk about settling down, as if he is getting any younger. We need to talk some sense into him Ya Habibti."

Hanan gaped at him as he spoke. "Wow, you even talk like Maama now too. I give up. Regardless, I should give my brother a heads up. He shouldn't be attacked unaware." Hanan unlocked her phone at the same time Hanifa's name popped up.

"Hey love, you have five minutes to come out here or you are coming alone. See yah!" Hanifa uttered as soon as she picked up the call.

Hanan scoffed. "She hung up before I could even speak. How nice! I should head out before I end up going alone. See you later baby." She gave him a peck.