|Chapter Ten|

The definition of bravery for a hunter a usually knowing your opponent, going against an equal opponent is facing similar variables. I am not brave, I run any chance I get. The forest is very dark and gloomy but been overcast seem to darken the mood. I look overhead and the tree branches hovered over me.

I know he's out there, he wants me dead and I don't blame him.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Now, darling that isn't the nicest way to greet one of your favourite immortals" his Irish voice was very uncomfortable.

"Elias is looking for you so I'll make it quick, I want you dead for killing Alessia" he hissed.

The cooling silver knife was placed on my throat, I let my lip quiver in fear but my mask was on right after. I watch him enraged.

"I had no choice she went rogue, you know the rules" I whispered.

"You hunters and your righteousness, we both know why you did it" he angrily seethed.

"She broke the law! she had to be put down Vincent you're making up excuses!" I yelled and knife slipped and cut me a bit. I bit my lip in pain but I saw Elias enter in the trees, he looks up in distaste.

"Hands off her" he warns him. Most people would beg for their lives in a situation with a royal. Vincent holds his ground a small grin enters his features.

"I don't believe this bond" he announces. In lightning speed Vincent and I are surrounded by five more royals.

"Let her go" Noah demands.

"She killed Alessia" he spits out, the knife is against the skin again cause the goosebumps to arise from my skin.

Everyone is silent watching Elias to make a move. But he is silent and stoic, his eyes show no mercy. I killed his women and that is punishable by death.

"She went rogue killing innocent people and you stood by her, you knew she had to be put down" I warn and the knife cuts my skin.

"No you don't decide who lives and dies, even if you're a Carson" he spat.

"You're right but she killed a child so I had to step in, get mad at all you want but she's dead and I'm glad because she had a high body count. You and I both know that Vincent"

"Shut up!" He roared throwing me down. Grabbing the knife that slipped through his fingers were in mine now. I smirked and the I twirled the blade expertly on my left hand.

"Look what you did Vince!" Noah called out annoyed.

"Put your knife away.. girl" he mocked me.

I don't move and watch him as he stiffened his back away from me.

"Alessia screamed when I shot her in the stomach. I shot her every time she killed someone, she left with too many bullet wounds" I cocked my head facing him.

Vincent's fist clenched, teeth as well. Evelyn move forward but Noah pushes her back.

"I'm not falling for your bait" he struggled out.

"Why you were so down to kill me twenty seconds ago, unless you forgot that you can't kill me because werewolf law states killing a mate is punishable by death.." I bit my lip in a all too well innocent act.

"I don't like your chances" he walked closer.

"You're right because I'm Elias's mate and I can prove it" I spoke.

"Serena.." Elias warned.

"No prove it and I won't lay a single finger on you" Vincent glares.

"Serena!" Noah shakes his head.

I look down to the knife, Elias is moving but I'm faster. The knife is plunged into my stomach. I gurgle and cough blood instantly. I groan in pain as I pull the knife out, I fall down Elias is there holding me.

Elias swears colourfully, he slips into an old language that must be a dead long ago.

"You're so stupid!" Noah shrieks.

Elias bites his wrist breaking the skin and blood slowly oozed out, he lifts my head as all the immortals swarm around and watch. Elias lifts his wrist to my mouth and the coppery pennies taste is present. Ten and then twenty seconds go by and I stop bleeding and my wound slowly as if it was magically being sewn back together. A minor thin white scar is there but nothing else.

"Holy shit" Evelyn covers her mouth while the others nod in shock.

"You didn't have to stab yourself" Noah stressed running a hand through his hair.

"Not my first time and probably not my last" I coughed but started to stand up. Elias shook his head and picked me up effortlessly.

"You stress me out" he sighed out to himself.

"Well then I'm doing my job"

"Shut up"

"Fight me"

"Take this sexual tension elsewhere!" Evelyn groaned out annoyed.

"Well Evelyn we can take it somewhere else" Noah winked at her.

Evelyn looks over and glares at Noah, he smirks as we slowly making our way back. This forest is a well known for werewolves, most werwolves inhabit in various places in North America. Each of the Lycans possess the power to run packs only Evelyn and Elias have functioning ones. Since the royals obtain power many low life omegas will follow them. It's how it goes normally. On the Verros property is the legend of the of how werewolves had been created.

To this day nobody truly knows, the most logical story is of a women named Castella who was a women of beauty, every man wanted her but she only wanted one man. The man was in an engagement but he pursued Castella, but the man broke things of with Castella when he found out his fiancé was pregnant with his child. Castella was a women of rage when she was betrayed, out of spite Castella came back to his home at midnight and killed his wife. The man was enraged and was ready to kill her but Castella wasn't prepared when he dragged her through the woods with her screaming and kicking and he spoke dangerous witchcraft words that would damn Castella for eternity. When she turned she bit him and they both were damned together. They were the first mates ever recorded and the most dysfunctional as well.

It's an old legend but the thought of being damned just like that causes unease fluttering in my stomach, knowing Elias could easily turn me. I didn't like the way he held that kind of power above me, the forest was unwelcoming as it felt darker as we left Elias still was carrying me and refused to put me down.

"Since my blood is in your system you can be turned so please don't die within twenty four hours" Elias said as we went up the stairs into his room. Closing my eyes into his comfy bed he placed a glass of water beside the bed and walk out, leaving me alone.