|Chapter Thirty-One|

My first impression of Charlotte was not a good one, she held her anger she did whatever she wanted with no repercussions. She was thoughtless and overall a hard person to like. Hannah's body was cradled on my lap while Elias was by her feet his bloody hand rubbing his forehead.

No words left Charlotte as she watched Hannah's body lay stiffly on the ground. She slowly crouched down beside me and she held her hand for awhile.

"Can I have a moment alone with her" her voice is quiet, a tone I've never heard before. Elias and I slowly get up and walk up the concrete stairs where Noah is perched, he looks ahead at the field littered with many bodies and his body relaxes when Elias sits.

" Vincent's dead" Elias spoke.

"Hannah is dead too" my voice catches.

Noah remains silent after hearing those words. The sun was setting; both royals sit beside me and we watch and Charlotte silently weeps. Somehow I manage to compose myself and my body numbly is leading me upstairs cover in blood, leaving stains on the walls and floor.

"Serena clean yourself up" Elias ushers me.

The surrounding reality was crushing me whole. My last true member of my human life was gone. My parents, Kael and now Hannah. I suck in a large breath and feel myself slowly sliding to the floor, Elias is there to hold me.

"Remember love, you are strong" he is whispering reassuring words but I find myself not listening.

My mind wanders, I want her back more than anything. No amount of witchcraft could save her, the dark magic within is humming, encouraging to fall to the evil enchanting dance.

The more twisted the soul the stronger you are.

Dangerous thoughts are invading me, I get up and I run with everything I had until Elias grabs me.

"Don't"

He is begging for me to stop because he knows. Anyone who has been alone for centuries would know what I was doing.

"She crossed the other side" he is trying to stop me.

"Her soul won't return, Serena"

"When is this enough?" I whimper.

"I've lost everything"

Elias doesn't say anything, he holds me right and whispers reassuring words. She is with Kael now and I lean myself on Elias and bare my soul to him, for the first tine I let myself fall to his mercy.

***

Five days later Hannah's funeral was hosted in a church both her parents were beside themselves.

"Serena have you been eating?" Is her mother's first words to me, Elias beside me is uncomfortable being in an church he is twitching to get out. He pulls at the collar of his shirt.

"I'm fine" I reassure her.

Hannah's body was in the basement, she had to have a proper hunter funeral. It was the rule of the supernatural world. Her body could not be tampered with. Noah was watching her body while everyone else attended her funeral.

"Kael and Hannah both within a year I just don't get it" Kael's father sighs.

"Serena darling" Kaels father sees me and a weak smile enters me features.

"You look absolutely stunning" his mother smiles kindly to me.

"You as well shelia" I hold her hand in a loving way.

Elias holds a snort at this whole ordeal which makes the family look at him intensely.

"Elias can we go outside for a minute" he nods as we walk out and the rain is falling heavily, we sit under a covered area beside the church.

"This isn't your life Serena"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath and really look into Elias's eyes. He is jealous, I can't help but grab his hand.

"I know, but whether you like it or not this is my past, my ex boyfriends aren't here, it just the ending of my college chapter so if you would please behave or leave, it your call"

"Hey Serena?"

My hand was touching Elias, I gripped him painfully hard which made him look down at my curiously.

"Devon"

My heart is beating erratically, Elias looks at me confused and then his eyes click together. Devon was a friend of Hannah's, I had been with him for three months and the last time I saw him was two days before meeting Elias.

"Can we talk?"

Elias is shaking, I hold his hand tightly to stop him from doing anything bad. I let myself meet Devon's eyes.

"I'm actually married"

Devon's eyes widen but confused when he didn't see a ring on my finger. Only the witches band on the right middle finger.

"Well, I guess I really fucked up then" he laughs to himself.

"Nice seeing you" he adds before turning and walking back to the church.

Elias is shaking with rage and part of me is worried that he burn a church down just for one kill. My hands are on his chest and his red eyes are glaring at me. Achilles is present.

"I am yours" I remove my hair so he can inhale my scent he is slowly calming down. I never thought he would be so calm.

"Can we go to Burger King and then head home?"

Elias has returned, his eyes were back to its normal colour.

"I'm getting you a ring to get humans away" he snarls out.

"Onion rings?"

Elias looked at me trying not to smile, his anger was gone he offered his hand and I took it.

After the funeral Elias lived up to his promise and walking out of Burger King I felt giddy. I had missed eating fast food and my body craved it.

"I got Noah a crown do you think he'll like it?"

Elias chuckled and opened the door for me, Noah was frantically down the stairs. His hair was in disarray and a giant black eye was forming.

"What the help happened to you?"

"You went to Burger King without me?" Noah groans but then rapidly shakes his head again.

"Hannah's body is gone"