|Chapter Thirty-Two|

"Where the hell is she? She's dead she can't go far?" Elias spoke still holding the paper bag of food.

"Elias" I hiss.

"How can she be alive?" I ponder.

"Who tampered with her body?" Elias inquires.

"That's the thing, the estate has been bonded with magic. There's no way anyone could of tampered with her body" Noah's sighs.

We end up sitting at the concrete steps the sun had set and since it was summer the sky was light and still visible. Elias rubs his hands roughly through his hair while I begin to unwrap a burger. Noah pouts as I give him my extra one.

"Why two?" He suddenly asks.

"I don't know I'm hungry" I shrug taking a bite.

Elias slowly turns his head. His eyes were not leaving me, assessing me.

"What?" I say.

"I think-"

Before Elias could finish his sentence we look ahead seeing Charlotte with Hannah. Hannah was covered in dirt and blood but she weakly smiles.

"I'm a vampire now" she said awkwardly.

Throwing my burger down I quickly go and embrace her tightly. Her hold was strong and she smelt horrible but I had missed her.

Hannah has showered and got herself dressed, we sit in the study her wet hair was air drying on her shoulders.

"How are you alive? You must of died with vampire blood in your system" I said rubbing my tired eyes.

"When I was fighting a vampire attacked me before I got to Vincent, I slashed the vampire throat and blood got into my mouth" Hannah said.

"We had your funeral Hannah, we mourned you"

"I was dead for five days" she said looking at me.

"You were human" I supplied.

"Look it's late maybe we should sleep this one off and maybe touch base tomorrow?" Noah offers.

***

"Serena are you okay?"

My head was on the toilet seat, the nausea was not fading. Elias walks in and sits beside me.

"Are you-"

"God no Elias I just had my period" I groan.

"Why are you sick then"

I couldn't answer when I begin to cough and vomit, Elias holds my hair.

"Why am I like this" I groan out slowly getting up.

"It could one thing but it should of happened when we first met" Elias said rubbing his hand through his hair.

"I'm human I shouldn't be going into heat"

Elias continues to rub my back in circles, I knew for a fact there wasn't any chance I was part wolf. As my messy brown locks intertwined with the porcelain bowl Elias lifts my head up.

"Part of me wishes it's something else"

Chills erupt through my skin as his words sink in. I know we both think it but he stays with me, my fears and insecurities are gone.

"It will happen eventually, but we have bigger issues"

"Vampire Hannah?" Elias smirks.

"You know they will want her for collateral"