|Chapter Twenty-Nine|

Letting go of hate is not easy I remember my late nights carrying my resentment for my father. He was cruel and lacked passion for his family, he saved me from death many times out of courtesy. He was cold and unrelenting towards his enemies, in many ways Elias and my father are very much alike.

My father had his affairs and no matter how much it hurt my mother she remained loyal. Because she vowed her loyalty to my father. Although my family had its fucked up issues we always protected another. I carried my hate for my father for years and part of me still carries it to this day, after death. I stare down the long stone walk way, the warm air pushes my scent towards Elias's loyal wolves. Today is the day I let go out of hatred.

I remind myself of the pain, losing Kael and Meredith, my parents and the lies Elias force fed me. I would never forget what he did, he was cruel and lacked passion. He would love me unconditionally and protect me from his enemies as well as mine. Accepting this bond was no easy task but now.

Three days ago he told me I was immortal, my own fault I didn't do my research. He marked me in a forest of savage wolves howling, encouraging his barbaric traditions. My hair was let down, I walk bare feet wearing a dress. I hated how wolves hold their traditional values, they treat it with such aggression.

"Move forward" a man tells me.

I nod and hold my head high, and many dislike seeing me. I don't blame them; I'm a threat to them. Elias is standing at a makeshift stage, I lift my dress and stand on his left side. I sigh and move my hair aside presenting the mark I bear. Hundreds of wolves stare in wonder. Elias kept me away from his people for a reason.

They would kill me.

I purse my lips as Elias begins to speak to his pack about the importance of loyalty. He explains the truth of our bond, the wolves show now signs of dispute seeing me among them. I stand still and make no eye contact, I hold my head up high. Elias nods for me to step forward and speak to his pack. Hundreds of eyes are now on me, I was nervous no doubt but I wanted to explain I was born to hate them but Charlotte wrote me a speech. The white flash cards clutched in my hand I hold them tightly. I close my eyes and place the cards down on the stage.

"I was never prepared for this role, no matter how much training I've done can help me. Most of you know me as a killer and your right, I was raised to kill those who kill. I lack many leading attributes but I will try my absolute hardest that your young will prosper into great beings. I promise to put you guys above all, no matter my status of a long line of hunters I will not harm one of you"

Silence follows, I look over to Elias and he nods at me. Accepting his pack was no easy task but I know I was avoiding the inevitable. Elias puts his hand on my back in a comforting way as slowly all the wolves slowly drop down to their knees. Showing the upmost highest level of submission towards me, I can't help but smile at their blind loyalty.

"You are part of our family now" Elias whispers.

I nod and watch as each person lines up and shake my hand and catch my scent. After a long while Elias gets me away from the wolves. Noah is smiling as he shifts into his wolf form trotting near Charlotte who rolled her eyes at her brothers antics.

"You rose up to occasion" she tells me as Elias shifts and leads his pack into a team run. I learned from multiple books that their wolf forms bond them. Charlotte sighs as we walk back into the quiet house. Hannah was inside on her laptop her red glasses slumping on her nose. Charlotte leaves the room immediately without looking at Hannah.

We sit in a uncomfortable silence, we haven't really spoken much since the night in my apartment in London. Her hair was cut a lot shorter, bright pink ombré was new. She rubs her eyes calculated her makeup remains untouched.

"What's going on?"

She looks up and her face holds no emotion, instead she pops her glasses up and I was prepared when her hands rises and a loud slap echoes. Stunned I hold my face out of instinct, without a second thought I lunge and tackle her off her chair. She gasps surprises but no words are exchange when I clench my fist ready to hit her.

I can't but think that we were friends, I confided in her; let her into this life. I left her alone to fend herself, guilt settles within in. I can't help the sigh that leaves my lips as I back away from her. Hannah fixes her glasses and we stare at one another both on the floor and a broken chair scattered on the hardwood floor.

"I'm sorry"

Surprising Hannah speaks before I let my apology escape. I clamp my mouth shut and push my hair aside and look at Hannah once again.

"We haven't spoken much and Elias was a wreck, Noah was just as upset and Charlotte took it out on me. I was so angry because we were friends and I needed you. You left me alone, Kael is gone, and then you left me. Serena what you did was selfish and inconsiderate and I'm so angry because you only thought about yourself"

Hannah words made sense but rage settled in me once again. I wanted to throttle her little head, clenching my fists I get up avoiding the splintered wood.

"Hannah I did what was best for me, there's a reason Charlotte doesn't want you" I walk away hoping the conversation would end there.

The door slams open and Elias stumbles in covered in blood. He looks relieved seeing me.

"What the hell.." I mutter.

I grab Elias's face and make sure it's not his blood, he is breathing heavily almost as if he containing his rage.

"Vincent is here, he wants to claim the throne" he seethed.

"He can do that?" Hannah said.

"Yes but he murdered my pack so his could take over" Elias coughs.

"Elias, please sit" I tell him but he shakes his head rapidly.

"Serena, I can't believe I'm saying this but I need you to fight with me" his words caught me off guard. He was healing but in the living room there was a decorated sword.

"You Royals cannot he killed Elias" Hannah says avoiding looking at me.

"There's always been a way"