|Chapter Twenty-Two|

The grand library doors have opened with a slam, books topple over. Elias can feel my resentment, my rage is not settled. Tears slide down my cheeks, I wipe it off carelessly. Elias freezes and sees me, he stares for a long moment. My heart is beating so fast I find it hard to breathe.

Suddenly I'm alone again. The air seems more welcoming to my lungs as I sit down on a chair. Hannah and Charlotte walk in but I pay them no mind.

"What he did was wrong but you're being overly emotional about this" Charlotte speaks. Hannah is shocking silent her eyes gave away how she truly felt.

"Is that how you feel Hannah?" My voice is rough almost unknown.

She refuses to make eye contact, without another glance I leave the room. I tighten my fists as walk into the bathroom and stare at myself.

Puffy eyes, tangled hair, ruined makeup. I felt truly disgusted. No words could describe the emotions I was feeling, I just emptily stared at myself. Looking to find a way out.

A plan started to form, it was perfect. Sure it could get me killed but it was worth a try. I walk out and with a whirlwind of emotions doors open and closed as I walked by, a single cross turned itself around.

My emotions powered me, I felt the energy around me grow. As I walk down the gravel stairs to the front I see a fountain. I clear my head and mutter into the water.

"Reveal"

"I'll give you what you want on one condition"

***

Hannah sighed as watched her best friend walk away angrily. She felt guilty but Charlotte was right, even though they fought on more than one occasion she was right.

"Are you sure about this?" Hannah asks.

"Elias needs to reign his beast in and seeing Serena like that will remind him that he has a destiny" Charlotte reassured her.

"What if we pushed her away further?"

"That's the risk we have to take"

***

In early high school my father taught me persistence and diligence. My fighting skills did not help me in high school. I pushed and felt a passion ignite. The very simple thought of walking away of this life, made me want more than killing monsters.

Elias rests his hand on my lower back as I sit on the gravel steps at the front of his estate. Wincing at his touch I shiver and wrap my leather jacket closer to me.

"You deserve so much better and I'm sorry" his words are quiet.

For being alive a long time he lacked human qualities, he was a toxic man. Burning everything in his path just to get to me.

"Elias listen-"

"No if this rejection is what you want then say the word" he speaks.

Shocked by his words, I want to yell at myself to tell him off and walk away but my body freezes and the bond reminds me of how I truly feel. How I couldn't walk away, there was no going back.

"Elias" I whisper.

The conversation died immediately when all supernatural beings appeared, witches werewolves and vampires strode over. The field was covered from blood from just hours again, Noah walks out and even he looks concerned.

"Elias.." he utters out.

"Don't worry" Elias is lounging on the stairs almost nonchalant.

"What do you mean?" I ask nervously.

All the Royals walk out and it's truly chilling, each hold their sin with pride. Noah can't help but smile, I feel unease as the supernatural creatures prepare for battle.

"Serena stay back" a warning from Elias.

"I'm not walking away!" I hissed.

"Noah put in basement" Elias orders.

He nods but I fight, I need Elias to look back and make eye contact.

"What the hell Elias!"

"I'll give your rejection after the battle" he tells me not looking at me.

Evelyn and Vincent look uncomfortable at my screaming but the world feels like it fell off its axis. I needed him to come through but time and time again he lets me down.

Noah struggles keeping me contained, stuff begins to snap and break around the room.

"Serena stop it!" Noah yells making my eyes water more. He seems taken aback at my sudden tears.

"I just wanna be loved"

Noah snaps around confused at my wording. He holds me tight still to make sure I won't run away.

"He hurts me, I sleep with him, he show he cares and then he hurts me and the cycle continues"

"Serena.."

"I know I'm a terrible person, I kill ask questions later, I only care about myself but how am I suppose to change when no one stays"

Noah finally reaches the basement and pushes me in, but he doesn't close the door.

"You deserves to be loved, like everyone else even us damaged monsters crave it like a depraved drug addict, Elias has killed and protected you and throw himself into danger to protect you, this isn't the bond, he loves you. Someone as damaged and twisted as him will never let himself admit it, Serena you are loved by me, Hannah and Charlotte. No matter what?"

Noah kisses my forehead and closes the door with a bang, three deadbolts and multiple locks hold me in. I slowly lean down the door and let Noah's words hit me.

I can't help but worry, I have no idea where Charlotte and Hannah were. The basement had multiple books and a table, a rage ignites in me as I flip a table knocking it with a thump. A lamp shatters, violently the walls begin to shake.

I force myself to breathe, the shaking slowed until more tears fall. Usually I never cried but bottling up everything with Elias had it limit. I let my head feel the cold brick walls; I realized that there was the book Charlotte was looking for. Grabbing the old blue binding book I open it rapidly and rip out the page.

I feel for a pocket knife in my jacket pocket, slicing my hand open I smear the blood in the witches emblem.

"Relinquo"

Weak sparks tingle but slowly a door opens, ripping my shirt I put a gauze on my hand. I think about to consequences of my actions, I know I will hurt some people. Without a second thought I run through the portal, leaving the chaos behind.

Wraths Vengeanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें