|Chapter Sixteen|

Looking up at Hannah she was determined to know everything; I wanted nothing more than to tell her but I was stuck at a crossroads. Biting my lip, Charlotte walks past glaring at Hannah. I usher her upstairs to my bedroom as she places her bag on a chair she taps her foot impatiently.

"Kael and Meredith are dead; what the damn hell happened?" Hannah raises her voices slightly.

"Hannah I'm going to tell you everything and all I ask is you remain quiet and not interrupt me" I state opening the bag the had bagels. Taking one and a coffee from the dresser I inhale nervously.

"I don't expect you to understand the person I am; or how I became who I am. I'm not the girl you Meredith, Marlowe and Kael have perceived me as. I hunt things, I save people that how its always been. The world is filled with a dangerous darkness, Vampires, werewolves, old gods and worst of all Royals. Who carry the werwolf and vampire gene"

"Wait this isn't real" Hannah spluttered out her eyes widening.

"It is"

The door opens and Elias peeks through carefully.

"You told her?" he says.

"Yes because I'm not lying to her anymore" I tell him, Elias doesn't say anything.

"Okay so nice you're involved in this crazy supernatural world, why are you telling this even after this long" Hannah asks.

I pause and tighten my hands into a fist.

"I'm telling you because Kael and Meredith's deaths are on me, I wasn't careful and now me telling you is a warning, don't have friends because they are all dead".

"I'm not dying anytime soon" Hannah reassures me.

"Look I want you to get out of the city, I want you to start fresh okay?"

"No" she states instantly causing me to tighten my fist in frustration.

" A great list of people want me dead and they will kill you for fun, use you against me" I say grinding my teeth.

She shrugs not caring, I'm too tired to argue when Noah walks in causing me to snap.

"Can anyone have a conversation in this house without you royals interrupting?" I squeezed my fist in anger but never the less he leaves.

"Fine but Elias wants us to have a meeting" Noah calls.

Grabbing the coffee, Hannah follows as she looks in awe of the place.

"This is kinda cool" she mutters.

"It gets old fast" I reply putting my hand on railing and reaching the bottom of the stairs leading to his study.

Walking in Hannah slowly follows me, looking up I see he added another bookshelf. Hannah sits down on a chair as I pull out a book on witches. Elias clears his throat when I look up from the book. 

"Since Hannah has been updated on what is going on she can be useful to us" Elias starts.

"No" I interrupt causing Charlotte to roll her eyes from the desk she was sitting on.

"I'm serious she's human she dies just like me" 

"The witches will want her"

"No if anything I will speak to the council" I hiss.

"They'll kill you!" Noah jumps up.

"Aside from that we have vampires and werewolves team up, the cases I've seen is people going missing, that usually means.."

"They're building an army" Charlotte whispers.

"How do you guys have a chance?" Hannah asks awkwardly.

"Enlighten us Elias" I sarcastically reply.

"We could hit up our packs in northern British columbia, they have been growing dramatically the last decade" Elias ponders.

"As much as I hate this idea how about you unite all seven royals" is my thought.

"Vincent won't agree working with you there" Noah says.

"The witches will be against us as well" Charlotte added.

We all sit in a long silence, Hannah seems deep in thought.

"How do you become witch?" Hannah abruptly asks.

I turn around and bite down on my lip in worry.

"It's internal damnation, you give your soul to the devil"

"Can you ever get it back?" Noah asks.

"Not usually"

"Look maybe I can–"

"Don't even finish that sentence" Elias interrupts Hannah.

"Your soul is pure, you would be a weak witch" Charlotte says.

"But Serena has been damned long ago", Charlotte adds her smirk growing.

"Not the current issue!" Elias says smacking his fist down.

"Look how about we split up, two people go to the witch council and the other three can check out the missing people and find the vampire nest and question the clan leader" Noah says.

"No offence Noah but Hannah is dead weight" Charlotte sighs.

"Actually she would be useful you need human blood to get into the vampire nests" Noah smirks.

"Charlotte and Hannah will check out the nests and Elias, Serena and I will speak to the witches council" Noah explains.

"No I don't want Hannah anywhere near her!" I jump up slamming my book on the desk.

"Serena it's either Hannah goes to the nest or the council and she is more likely to get in a bigger mess with the council compared to a nest!" Elias countered his eyes showed me I overstepped my boundaries.

"Why couldn't you just stayed out of this!" I thundered towards Hannah.

I lost too much over the years and losing Hannah wasn't an option to me, shaking my head I leave the study and Elias follows he can sense my distress he pulls me into his arms. Standing on a the first step of the staircase and Elias was still taller than me. 

"Look I know this isn't easy for you but Hannah was going to be involved anyways" he tells me.

"Her stubbornness will be the death of her" I mutter quietly.

"Look at me" he instructs.

Slowly lifting my gaze upwards to his face he places his thumb on my cheek, I close my eyes in relaxation. 

"I will protect Hannah at all costs and Charlotte wont hurt her, I promise" he kisses my temple and I feel a warm and fuzzy feeling. 

Affection. 

I couldn't help the smile the etched onto my face as he held me. 

I would never admit it out loud but I loved the way Elias smelled. 

After all he was my destroyer.