|Chapter Twenty-One|

"Focus your mind Serena" Carlotta said for the hundredth time. I wanted to throttle her head. For some reason everyone had to be there to watch me fail terribly.

"It can be easier without everyone watching me" I countered watching Charlotte pop a grape into her mouth with a wide grin entering her features.

"You need to focus" Elias rebutted again.

On a small side table there was an apple, all I had to was to let it float. I clear my head and slowly let my body relax.

Opening my eyes again I see the apple hadn't moved not even the slightest. I huffed in irritation, my body twitching. A force within me explodes and the apple is gone but all over the study.

"Well at least you know where your source of energy is" Charlotte chuckles.

"Your emotions, you have to get all touchy feely with yourself" Charlotte said.

"You sure know a lot about witches" Carlotta spoke up.

"I was before I was turned" was her remark.

"And you didn't think to tell us!" Hannah whipped around eyes widening.

"I can't perform magic" she shrugged.

Leaning against the oak desk Elias rubs my back in support. The room was filled with an unwanted silence. Being a witch is no easy task.

"You know Serena, what was the spell you used to kill that witch" Noah suggested.

"The killing curse for witches" shrugging my shoulders.

"How did you know it?" Elias wondered.

"Well I've teamed up with witches and I've seen them perform the spell" I lied smoothly.

"Oh yeah, you used to work with witches" Charlotte said.

My heart is racing, I openly lied to the royals and they didn't catch me. I drum my fingers on the desk while the other talk amongst themselves. The room we were all in was large, bigger than your average study. The room had a separate set of a couple steps that lead to a sitting area. Book shelves on almost every wall. Near the large window was a large oak desk, light shined in. Charlotte leaned away from the light.

"Can you create a spell to make the sunlight not kill me" she sighed.

"I can kill witches and make apples explode, you really think I can do something like that?" Was my snide reply.

Part of me felt bad, but for the last few weeks we have all been getting on each other's nerves. I watch as the cold November air rushes autumn leaves. Snow would fall soon, removing my arm from the window I turn around.

"What's the plan" tiredness seemed to be everyone's issue. Weeks and weeks going after no leads; at this point we were losing hope.

Noah begins to speak but I drift away, without knowing I'm walking to the window and a shudder runs through me. I slowly see wolves emerge from the forest line, the same emblem attached.

Elias and Noah perk their heads noticing the threat. They appear behind me, they are Elias's true pack. He was so hurt when they turned their backs against him. He had defended them, conquered pack land for them. Being a royal is an instant target, they must of been swayed with something to turn their backs on their leader.

We all rush out, Elias takes the lead and Noah by his side. Charlotte fangs emerge at the sight of a threat. Her eyes glance at Hannah, I didn't have time to wonder what the hell happened between them.

"What do you want mutts" Elias said lazily. He shows by his tone that his old pack is wasting his time. Carefully I make my way to Elias, the wolves stare at me with curiosity.

"We want your kingdom" a teen pup yips.

"What makes you think that I'll give you my empire" he laughs out.

"The witches really put everything into perspective for us wolves, she gave us a deal none of us can turn away" the leader speaks up.

"All the witches want is her" the leader points his finger at me. The wolves itched to grab me but Elias gave them a look that would question that action.

"I'm no friend to the witches, nor do I want to" my voice is not loud but they heard.

"The witches are messing with everyone, so they don't get the blame thrown on them" Charlotte steps forward.

"We all have the same agenda" a wolf tells.

"She needs to die" a voice calls out.

The ground lightly rumbles, Elias's eyes have shifted to a blood red colour, causing unease from everyone. The wolves begin to realize what is going on, fear envelopes them in such a way I have never seen. They begin to run but hundreds of rebellious wolves couldn't match an angry royal. Wrath was serving his punishment as cruel and bloody it could be.

"Serena step back.." Charlotte seems shaken as she begin to see Elias a man she loved become this monster. Charlotte looks at me and I can't help but a tear fall down as he kills more and more wolves.

Minutes pass which felt like centuries, time had slowed down as I watched my destiny move ever so gracefully. The effects of the traitorous wolves did not hinder him, his high end suit was now soil with pups blood.

I can't help but look at the monster that is my other half, I am disgusted. Part of me wants him to die so deep into the pits of hell that even Lucifer himself would fear him.

"Death can't always be the punishment Elias.." Noah seems at unease just like the rest of us. But are we truly no better? We watched Elias slaughter hundreds of wolves and here we are barely able to share two or more words.

"You cannot keep killing everyone who disagrees with you!" The words leave my mouth, no regrets but a stilling silence follows.

"Threats coming from pups are the least of my worries" he shrugs.

"So spending five minutes slaughtering young naive wolves is part of the stuff I have to deal with?" My voice is shrill.

A relationship shouldn't be this hard, the thought aches me. The tiredness of Elias's actions, sure things weren't perfect but he was wrath. He lacked patience, he killed Kael. My eyes look up and he meets my broken ones, he doesn't seem fazed but he walks forward his hands lightly grazing the mark on my neck.

"I will never change"

Frustrated I walk away, tears spilling out of my eyes. I was a hunter born to kill but these wolves didn't deserve such a cruel death. Nobody follows me, I slam the door and walk into the library my body tips over a table my fist tight against the edge. A sob escapes my mouth, an overdrive of emotions. I grab a book of werewolves and I flip the pages rapidly. Until I reach the chapter on severing a bond.