Fallen Angels

'Great. Another school, another city and another place just to move again' Hannah thought to herself.

Hannah Prescot stood in front of her 7th new school in the last 18 years. It loomed over her as she debated if she should go in or not. 'It's not like this school going to be any different from the last, but it's new. Nobody knows me.' With one last sigh, she starts in walk in and was greeted by hundreds of teenagers trying not to touch each other in the narrow hallways trying to get to their first period.

She stood there not really knowing where to go when a really tall solid wall walked right into her. They both went down and Hannah's stuff scattered across the hall being kicked by other students. 'Great. Just how I wanted to start.' People walking by snickered as they passed. She gave them all them the death glare. She reached for her bag but it was nowhere to be found. "Fuck!" She said under her breath, looking down the hallway trying to see how far down it was kicked.

She stood up and brushed the dust off of her faded black skinny jeans. She straightened her My Chemical Romance shirt and looked up to see the wall that hit her.

The wall turned out to be a he. And dear reader when I say tall I mean TALL. His 6'2 towered over her 5'2. Her eyes widened at his face. From what she learned at her old schools, she was a well known target for insults and a punching bag. But looking at him made a different feeling appear in her stomach.

Hannah opened her mouth to say something but stopped when she looked into his eyes. They were the deepest blue you could ever imagine. The think lines of black eye liner around his eyes made them pop even more. 

"Oh my god! I am so sorry!" 'He' said holding out her book bag. He was wearing a Nirvana t-shirt, a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans with small sliver chains. Old black Converse was on his feet. "Are you alright?"

Hannah got her head out of the clouds and anger filled her. "I'm fine! Maybe you should watch where you're going next time alright?" She snapped. Instantly she felt guilty but she really needed this new start and no one was going to ruin it. She had this all planed out. Head down, fast walking and don't talk to anyone. Easy enough right? Oh boy was she wrong.

His eyes dazzled as he gave her a small smile. "I'm sorry and you are right. I should have been watching where I was going. How could I ever get you to forgive me?" He finished, batting his eyelashes.

 An evil smile crept onto her face. "How about a name?"

"Andy Berisack at your service!" He said while trying to curtsy but was knocked over by passing people. Hannah laughed and helped him up. She stuck out her hand. "Hannah." She said to introduce herself. "No. My name is Andy." She rolled her eyes as he smiled as he took her soft hand into his own. "Are you new here? I've never seen you before. Either you're new or I need glasses. This is impossible because I have perfect 20/20 vision." Hannah laughed again and nodded. 

"Yes I am new. Would you mind showing me to the attendance office is?" She asked self-consciously.  Andy's smile grew wider as he swung her bag over his shoulder and linked arms with her, leading the way. He showed her to the office and waited outside. Hannah went in with a confused look on her face.

She got her schedule and found Andy where she left him in the hallway. The bell had long rung and they were both later for class. She soon as she stepped into the hallway he took her schedule out of her hands and read it. "We have first period together!" And with that he dragged her to her first class of the day: History.

He kicked open the door, stopping the teacher mid-sentence. Hannah's face blushed and looked down at the ugly tile floor.

"Mr. Berisack, thank you for joining us today." The teacher said with a snark in her voice. "Well Mrs. Green, I was showing our new student and my friend Hannah to our wonderful class room that I love so much." Andy shot back with a fake wide grin, batting his eyelashes at her. The whole class snickered and Hannah's face grew a deeper red. 

Mrs. Green raised an eyebrow and said, "Yes. Hannah, isn't it?" I nodded "I just hope that you don't share Mr. Berisack's attitude this morning. " Again she nodded and took her book bag out of his hands and went to a empty sit near the back. Andy followed her and sat in the seat next to her under the watchful eye of their history teacher. "Please carry on!" Andy smiled.

All through class Andy watched Hannah as she kept her head down.  What got her attention was a note that had appeared on her desk. She looked over at Andy but was playing with a pencil. She opened the note and it read:

  Meet me at the caf at lunch. I want you to meet a few people – Your knight in shining armour, Andy.

Hannah looked over at him again just as he looked back at the front. She blew a lock of her black hair out of her face in frustration.  'Why did he want to meet with me? We only meet an hour ago and he already wants to eat lunch with me?' 

The bell rang and everyone got up at once to go to their next period class. Andy and Hannah left the class before Andy winked at her and went in the opposite direction. She was left to find her next class: Music.

Now music was something that Hannah was pretty good at. She could play piano and guitar, both acoustic and electric. She was the first one there and sat in a random chair. People started to trickle in as she turned her ipod up and Ministry filled her head. She didn't notice the person standing in front of her with her arms crossed over her huge chest. Hannah felt someone tap her knee and she pulled out an ear bud.

 "Um you're in my chair." The bottle blond said. Hannah looked over the blond standing in front of her. She had a small crop top that came just above her bellybutton and it looked like her boobs were going to spill out over her top. She had a black skirt that came almost past her ass. Her hair was pencil straight with a big pink bow in the back. Hannah called people who looked like this a "Barbie". "Who are you?" Hannah said rudely. The girl rolled her eyes and said "Tish and you're in my seat." Just then the bell rang and the teacher came rushing in.

"Sit, sit, sit! It's time to find our new student Hannah! She is here right?" Hannah stood up and looked Tish right in the eye. "Yeah I'm here." She said pushing past Tish, and went to the front. "Welcome to our advanced music class Hannah. So I guess you met Tish there.....very nice..." He looked Hannah over and she gave him the whole "don't-make-me-mad-or-we-will-have-problems" look. "So as tradition here in my class you have to show the rest of the class of what you're made of. For example, Tish has one of the best voices here. What will you show us?" He explained pointing at a wall of instruments. 

 There was everything from a tuba to a..... kazoo? Finally she spotted what she was looking for and walked over and plugged the Black Gibson guitar into an amp and turned it up. Hannah smirked at Tish as she plucked the strings in a complex string of notes.  As she finished a small bead of sweat traveled down her face as she was slightly out of breath. The entire class was quite when one person started applauding until the entire class was cheering except for Tish who looked like she was annoyed. "Well, well. Well! Mr Purdy looks like you have some competition! Very well done, Hannah!"  He pointed to a guy in the back who reminded her of Andy. He nodded his head and yelled "Challenge accepted!"

Finally it was the time Hannah was counting down too: Lunch Time. Somehow she found her way to the caf and looked around for Andy. She could feel her heart beating 100 miles an hour. 'I'm way too excited for this.' She thought to herself.  Just as she was about to leave she saw someone waving at her. It was Andy. She took a deep breath and looked around the room. Hundreds of kids were eating lunch and a few were looking at her. She mentally prepared herself for anything that could be thrown at her or even the whole room ganging up on her.  Like always she put her head down and beelined to Andy's table, but he wasn't alone.