Well screw you guys!!

‘OK. Today is day!’ Andy laid in bed wide awake as he thought over the days plans. ‘All Nikki has to do is keep Hannah away from the house and everything is going to be ok.’ Andy smiled and got ready for his surprise for his birthday girl.

He went down stairs and saw Hannah sitting on the counter; legs crossed eating peanut butter from the jar with her fingers. “That better not be my Skippy!” Hannah froze and looked at Andy. She had just put a handful of peanut butter into her mouth. “What would happen if it was?” She asked mouth full, covering the label on the jar. Andy narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. They stared at each other and footsteps thundered down the stairs. Jake, Jinxx and CC stopped in the kitchen doorway and laughed as they saw the scene unfold in front of them.

Andy was slowly walking towards Hannah as her eyes grew wide in fear. Jinxx looked over and saw that Ash had gone through the living room door and was coming up behind Hannah. Andy placed his hands on the counter and sniffed the air. Ash was right behind Hannah and was about to place his hands on her but then Andy jumped and gave a yelp of surprise. Nikki was rolling on the floor laughing as Andy was trying to slow his heart down. Jinxx, Jake and CC had to lean on each other to prevent themselves from falling on the floor. Hannah just looked at Andy as if nothing happened. She licked her fingers and stood up. She put the jar down and placed her hand on Ashley’s head and jumped down. She patted Andy on the head and she and Nikki walked upstairs.

Andy watched Hannah climb up the stairs trying to figure out what just happened. Jake just shook his head at him as they finally calmed down. They made sure Hannah couldn’t hear them before they went over the plans.

 They talked they listened to Hannah and Nikki talking up the stairs. “What makes boobs attractive to men?” They heard Hannah ask Nikki. They chuckled as the girls bickered. “They’re boys! They might know!” Nikki exclaimed pointing at the innocent men.  “I don’t know if they know the answer.” Hannah said raising an eyebrow at them. “Depends on the question.” Jinxx said innocently. “You’re boys right?” Ash looked down his pants and said “Why yes, yes I am.” Jake hit him on the arm. Hannah rolled her eyes and asked “Why do guys find boobs and ass on a woman attractive? They are just lumps of fat!” The guys looked at the two girls wondering if they were being serious. Odd enough that they were in fact dead serious. “Looks like this are in my field of expertise” said Ashley cracking his knuckles. Nikki rolled her eyes and left them standing in the kitchen. Hannah and Nikki grabbed their coats and put their shoes on. Andy saw the sadness and hope in Hannah’s eyes as she looked back at him before she followed her girl out the door.

Andy’s heart cracked but it was all part of the plan. A couple minutes later they all left the house to get ready for the day’s events.

Nikki and Hannah went to Starbucks and they talked about everything. “How’s Brendon?” Hannah asked, sipping at her really sweet coffee. Nikki nodded “he’s really good. He misses you. The three of us haven’t hung out in a long time.” Hannah nodded as she put another pack of sugar and a little thing of cream in her coffee. “Ew! Hannah, that’s disgusting.” She stuck out her tongue and drank her sugar coffee. Sugar was one way to get her mood back up. Sugar was Hannah’s drug.

Nikki and Hannah went to the mall and Hannah kept waiting for Nikki to say the words to her. She hated pushing herself to the center of attention but it was her special day. She didn’t know how to speak up.

They wondered around the mall for a couple of hours when Nikki got a call. Nikki talked in whispers and walked away from Hannah. She nodded as she watched her friend leave her stranded in the middle of the mall. Her heart sunk to the pit of her stomach. Nikki disappeared and Hannah was alone. Tears sprung to her eyes. She walked quickly to the nearest exit but had collided with the last person she wanted to see that day. Tish and her boy-toy of the week were standing right in front of her. ‘Shit. I’m not dealing with this today.’ She tried to stand strong but Tish laughed at her. “I haven’t said anything and you’re already crying!” The pair laughed as Hannah whipped a tear away. She pushed through them but her laughter followed her out the door.

Tears free flowed down her face. Never had she felt so alone. So she went to the one place where she felt like herself. The place where she made new friends and memories. Her park. She walked through town as the sun was setting.

 She got to the park and sat on the lonely swing set. “Happy birthday to me.” She sang. “Happy Birthday to me. Happy birthday, happy birthday. Happy birthday. To me.” Her voice was quite and sad. It was getting pretty dark and cold. She wrapped her arms around herself and she could see her breathe in the spring night.

A guitar played in the woods behind where Hannah sat. She listened to it and realized that it was the tune to ‘Happy Birthday.’ She got up and followed trying to find the source. She came to the little clearing in the woods where she and Andy had their date all those months ago. She saw Jake alone playing his guitar. He played the last note and looked up at her. He smiled as lights appeared in the trees. Jinxx came out from the trees behind Jake playing his violin also to the birthday tune. Hannah got very confused. CC and Ashley came out with a blanket and a huge basket. Nikki came next and smiled at her friend. Jake and Jinxx continued to play as Nikki’s brother Brendon came out next. Hannah smiled at the fact that she finally got to see him after all those years. He smiled back at her. Hannah started to walk out into the clearing and everyone started to sing. “Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday Hannah! Happy birthday to you!” Hannah laughed as Ashley and CC sang so off key that their voices were cracking.

A deep voice spoke from behind her. “Happy Birthday.” Hannah spun around and looked in the deepest blue you could ever imagine.  “Oh. Hello there.” Hannah said in a small voice not daring to look away. Andy smirked at her as he pulled something out of his coat pocket. He spun Hannah around and placed a small chain around her neck. As soon as he had fastened it around her she looked down and saw that the charm was two hearts inter-locking. Ingraved was “I love you.” Hannah looked up at the man who loved her. She saw the hope gleam in his eyes. A smile fought its way onto her face. Andy had a huge grin on his face and kissed her forehead. She frowned at him. “You missed.” She said smirking. He laughed softly and said “Let’s see if I can get it right.” They were standing so close they were breathing the same air. Andy closed the gap and they kissed. His lips were soft and gentle. Hers were plump and firm. They heard Ashley sneeze and a cry of pain as the guys and Nikki hit him. Hannah and Andy laughed as they locked their fingers together. They all walked to the blanket that Ash and Nikki had set up. They all sat down and started talking. “To be honest with you guys, I was pretty pissed.” Hannah said. They all looked guilty. Hannah looked at Andy and she saw the sad in his eyes. She gave him a small smile and kissed his cheek. Andy smiled back and said “maybe I know a way to make up for it.” Hannah gave him a questioning look. Andy gave Hannah the basket and opened it. Everyone laughed as her jaw dropped. At least 20 jars of Nutella filled the basket. She grabbed one, opened it and started eating it with her fingers. Everyone laughed and Hannah stuck up her middle finger at them all. An idea had popped in her head. She grabbed a handful, looked at Andy, smeared it all over her face and pulled Andy in for a kiss. She smeared her face against his face. They rolled back and everyone laughed at Andy who was now covered in chocolate.  “Thanks for that.” He muttered. She reached out and whipped some off his face and onto her finger and ate it. She giggled and he glared at her.

“Wait there’s something else!” Yelled CC. He jumped up and pulled an envelope out of his back pocket. Hannah licked her fingers clean and grabbed the envelope. She opened it up and her eyes grew huge. There were 7 tickets to Warped Tour. Hannah jumped up and screamed. Nikki jumped up and they fangirled together. The guys laughed as they watched them giggle and scream like two kids finding out they were going to Disneyland.

Hannah continued to eat her jar of the chocolaty goodness as she looked around her new group of friends shareing her 18th birthday with her. ‘Take that mom.’

It’s about fucking time I wrote this chapter. I got busy with easter and my chocolates. I hope you liked this one. I really enjoyed writing this.