Little Johnny Rickfield!!

“Breath Hannah. They’re just my parents. You’re going to be fine.”

Hannah just glared at him.

They were sitting in the Impala staring at Andy’s parent’s house.  “Andy. You don’t understand. These are the people who birthed and raised you. They will soon be my in-laws. They have every right to judge me. I’m marrying their son. I could very be the one to ruin your life.” She said in a matter-of-fact way.

Andy just laughed and kissed her temple. She gave him a weak smile and sighed. She turned and faced their own son. “Are you ready baby?”

Hannah looked at Seb, waiting for him to answer but all he did was throw his sippy cup at her. She stuck her tongue out at him and looked back at the house. She bit her lip, still debating if she should go in or not.

Andy got out of the car and went around the front to open her door. “Andy…” She whined.

Andy grabbed her hands and gently dragged her out of the car. She stood there waiting for him as he unclipped the car seat from the back and slammed the door. She stared at the house remembering the last time they went and met parents.

Andy wrapped his arm around her waist and lead her to the door. He gave her a reassuring smile as he rang the doorbell.

Hannah’s heart slammed into her chest as she heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door. She moved behind Andy slightly as she heard the lock slide out and the door swung open.

A couple in their mid forties stood in the front room smiling. “Andrew! It’s so good to see you!” The lady exclaimed, pulling Andy into a hug while he awkwardly put the child down so he could hug his mom properly.

 They pulled away and Andy faced his dad. He returned his dad’s smile and embraced his dad as well.

Hannah took a step back, not wanting to intrude on the family moment.

Andy let go of his dad and went and stood beside Hannah and smiled proudly at his parents. “Chris. Amy. Mom and Dad. I am proud to present my wonderful fiancée, my best friend, my home girl and my better half. This is Hannah.” She turned and glared. “You’re really milking it aren’t you?”

Andy answered by slighty pushing Hannah forward into the house and picked up Sebastian. “Oh it’s so nice to meet you dear!” Amy said excitedly. Amy step towards Hannah and brought her into a hug. Hannah, caught by surprise, hugged her back awkwardly. “It’s very nice meeting you too, Mrs Biersack.”

Amy let go and laughed. “Oh none of this ‘Mrs Biersack’ nonsense. It’s Amy to you!” Hannah awkwardly laughed and nodded.

They all moved into the living room and Hannah got Sebastian out from his seat and put him on her lap. “So this is my grandson.” Amy said, sitting down beside Hannah on the three seater couch.  Chris sat on the other side of Hannah so she was in the middle while Andy sat in the leather recliner.

Hannah passed her son off to Amy and laughed as she started talking to him. “Mom, stop. That’s weird.” Andy said, scrunching up his face. “shush you.” Amy said, focusing on Sebastian. Hannah giggled at Andy’s face as he sat there, crossing his arms. Chris leaned in towards her and said “He always was childish” loud enough for Andy to hear. “I’m not childish.” He muttered to himself.

Amy just rolled her eyes and laughed alongside her husband. Amy got up off the couch and passed Sebastian to Chris. She went to the kitchen and to continue making dinner. Hannah got up and followed her.

She stood in the kitchen doorway and watched Amy start a salad. “Um is there anything I could do to help?” Hannah said in a small voice. Amy turned her head and smiled at her. “Do you mind peeling potatoes?” She nodded and got to work.