It's never too late.

Ok so this is going to be a hard chapter to write so bear with me. This chapter is only going to have Jake and Nikki. 

"I'm here to see Nikki Waters."

Jake took a deep breath and waiting for the receptionist to come back. 

A couple days ago he got a call from the Bluebell Rehab from a Dr. Hart asking if he and Hannah could come in a sit down and talk about her progress and to make sure she had a plan after she left Bluebell. Since Hannah was now 3 months pregnant and had her thoughts on the baby, their wedding and everything else that came with it, Jake and Andy agreed that Hannah would stay home and not add anymore stress. 

The short older receptionist came back in the lobby and told him he could follow her into an office. She turned and left him in a room with beautiful Victorian windows and a huge oak desk. A warm brown colour covered the walls and a huge book case covered an entire wall with books. on other walls, frames of diplomas spotted the walls. On the desk was a couple picture frames that had two happy people smiling. One was during a wedding, one was in a hospital holding a bundle in a pink blanket.  Two leather chairs were on one side of the desk while a huge recliner was on the far side. 

Jake sat in one chair and released the air in his lungs. He was surprised to find that he was holding his breathe. Thoughts and memories and "what ifs?" went through his head as he waited for Dr. Hart. 

All too soon, high heeled footsteps came from down the hall and Jake sat up straight in his chair. The door opened and a young, tall brunette woman like the one in the photographs stood in the door way. "Are you Jake Pitts?" He cleared his throat and nodded his head. He stood up and they shook hands. "I'm Dr. Hart, Nikki's doctor here. i'm glad you could come." He sat back down as she walked over to her chair and she placed a file on the desk in front of her. "Um Hannah couldn't come because traveling doesn't really mix well with hormones and pregnacies." Jake explained in a weak voice. Dr. Hart laughed at his very weak joke and nodded in understanding. Then she got serious. 

"We tried to call Nikki's brother, Brendon but when we explained to him how she was doing, he said he was done with her and that she wanted nothing to with her. As part of the recovery process after patients leave Bluebell, we want to make sure they have the proper fondations as a strong recovery on their own. So Brendon told us to give you and Miss Prescot a call." Jake nodded at her words and remember the argument Hannah and Brendon had over the phone after Dr Hart called them. 

"Hannah and I agreed that we would help her get on her feet and we would only be a temperary place for her to stay until she's recovered." It was Dr Hart's turn to nod in agreement. She leaned forward and propped her elbows up on her desk and said "Nikki explained what happened and what she said the night that she first turned to drugs. I understand that she hurt you and you went out of your way to be here. But let me a sure Mr Pitts that she fully understands how much harm she has put herself and the people that she loves. I told her that you were coming." 

Jake's heart skipped a beat at that last part and a slight panic filled his veins. 'Was she angry?' 'Do i want to see her?' 'Does she wish Hannah was here instead of me?' Dr Hart noticed the panic in his eyes because she said in a reassuring voice "Don't worry Mr Pitts. She asked me if she could talk to you and i said it would be helpful for her. It's really up to you. She's in one of our therapy session rooms. It will only be you and her." 

Jake thought this would be the perfect time to explain to her what has happened with Hannah and Andy and everything else at the house. Jake nodded and made sure it was too late to back out. Dr Hart and Jake walked down a hallway and she lead him into a small room. She held open the door and gave him a small reassuring smile as he past her. He watched the door close with a soft click. He sighed and turned around. Sitting in a black plush chair was the girl that he had opened up to all those months ago. It was the girl that made Hannah the happiest girl in the world and there staring at him was the girl that brought that world crashing down around him.