Godparents

"Nikki?"

The room was silent. Hannah just stared with wide eyes. She heard Jake suck in a breath.

"Guys?" Hannah said in a small voice. "Can I talk to Nikki, please?"

Andy looked from Hannah to Nikki and looked back at Hannah and saw that she was looking at him. She nodded and gave him a small smile reassuring him that it's going to be alright. He kissed her forehead and motioned for the guys and Julia to leave the room with him.

After they left the room and the door was shut, Nikki walked to the foot of her bed and rested her hands on the foot board.

"How did you know I was here?" Nikki shifted in her feet, trying to find words to piece together. "I went to your house but when i pulled up i could hear you screaming. So i followed your car here and waited downstairs. I tracked a nurse down and she told me your room number. I'm sorry if i inturruped something...."

Hannah thought over her words and nodded her head slightly. "I'm glad your here."

Silence filled the room. And this was a very loud silence. "Hannah?" Hannah hardly heard her so she beckened her to go on. "I need you to tell me how i could make it up to you. I know sorry isn't going to work with you but i'm going to say it anyways. I'm sorry i left you. I'm sorry i said all those things to you. I'm not going to blame the drugs or the booze because it was my fault i became that way. You don't have to forgive me today or tomorrow or in the next fifty years. I just need you to tell me its going to be ok."

Hannah sighed and ran her hand through her sweaty hair. "How the hell do i forgive you ever time?" A smile played on her lips. Nikki just stared at her with her jaw on the floor. "I'm sorry what? Can you run that by me again?" Hannah rolled her eyes. "I know you heard me my dear. GUYS COME IN HERE FOR A SEC!"

The guys and Julia came in and Andy rushed to Hannah's side. "Is everything ok?" He eyed Nikki but Hannah grabbed his hand and gave it a light squeeze and nodded. "Everything is just fine Andy. But right now i'm just focusing on getting the hell out of this hosptial and taking both of my babies home."

Hannah ignored the weird looks coming from CC, Jinxx and Andy. She was surprised though to see Jake making small talk with her. 'Maybe making Jake go see was for the best.'

A doctor came in and explained what happened. He walked through the door and smiled at Hannah and Andy. "Congrats to the happy couple! it looks like everything is normal and everything is alright. Sometimes women go into an early labour for no reason. Now we are going to keep you for a couple days just to make sure nothing happens to you and your new baby." The doctor left them with a smile. 

Hannah cleared her throat and got the attention of everyone. "OK so with this sudden apperance of the tiny child that is no long inside me, i didn't have a lot of time to think about this but we must decide on a serious matter." Andy gave Hannah a worried look. "Who do we want as godparents?" 

Andy and Hannah scanned the faces of their friends. Hannah noticed that Nikki wouldn't look at her. 

“So Hannah let me get this straight. I’m choosing who will raise our flesh and blood when both of us die?” Hannah nodded. “So basically I’m picking two people who won’t mess my child up the least.” Again Hannah nodded. “Awesome.”

Andy leaned over and spoke in Hannah’s ear. They whispered back and forth looking at each person and said something.

Andy spoke. “Ashley Purdy. As my best friend and probably the most mentally stable man under the watchful eye of our dear Julia here. I hereby knight you as my kid’s god father, if you want to. I don’t know why you wouldn’t because it’s my child.” Hannah cleared her throat loudly and Andy quickly said “our child. This is our child. I’m not the one who just gave birth. Our child.” He looked down at Hannah and said “I’ll keep saying it’s our child. I’m not afraid to go get our kid now and walk around the hospital and tell every person in this hospital knows that we somehow have a child. Dead or alive.”

Hannah laughed. “Somehow? Do I need to explain again how this works. I already did this for Jake. You see Andy, when a mommy and a daddy love each other, they fuck each other senseless.”

CC scrunched his face up. “Thanks guys for that image of you and Hannah fucking each other.” Hannah just winked and clicked her tongue.

They all laughed at CC’s face of disgust. When it died out Hannah looked at Nikki. She was standing off to the side, not really interacting with the others.

She lifted her hand and beckoned her longest friend forward. Nikki awkward walked up and took Hannah’s hand. “Nikki. Ever since we were little, together we planned both of our wedding and funerals. It didn’t matter that we were 10 but our funerals were important to us. We also promised to be friends forever. Nothing has changed. When I was 8 I wanted you as the Godmother to my kids. Then I found out what a Godmother is and I agreed that I wanted it to be you. Now that I’m 19 with a kid I still feel the same way. I don’t want to put a lot of pressure on you so I’d understand if you say no. I want you to be the Godmother to my child. Will you please say yes?”

Nikki just stared at her like she was crazy. “You still want me to whoop the kids ass if they get into some shit? Even though I’ve been in some shit?” Hannah nodded. “Who else is better to teach my kids what not to do than someone who made huge mistakes but fought through it?” Nikki thought over other options that they could have gone with and smiled. “I would love to.”

“Well let’s go see my wonderful child! Andy help me up!” Andy pushed over the wheelchair and helped her in. He raced her down the hallway against Ashley who was being pushed by Jinxx with CC on Ashley’s lap. They stopped at the entrance of the ward and waited for Nikki and Jake who was strolling along behind them.

Since Hannah gave birth to the tiny bundle she was aloud in with Andy. The others stood by the window as a nurse gave Hannah Sebastian. She held me close as Andy rolled her to the window. Andy pulled up a chair beside her. Hannah smiled as he gazed down in awe as if he was asking himself ‘how is this child mine?’

“He has your nose.” Andy pointed out. Hannah scrunched up her button nose and laughed. Sebastian looked up at his mother as he chewed on his fingers. Drool dribbled down his chin. Hannah supported his head and bum as she passed their son to the father.

Andy’s eyes grew wide in fear that he was going to drop him. But he held him close to his body. Sebastian looked up and gave his Daddy a lop sided smile. Hannah laughed as Andy carefully freaked out. Andy looked up at his friends and he smiled into Ashley’s camera.

Hannah beckoned the nurse over and asked her something. She smiled and nodded and went to the door. “Can the Godparents please come in please?” Ashley paced Jake the camera as he followed Nikki inside.

Andy very carefully stood up with Sebastian in his arms and walked over to Ashley. Ash smiled and placed his hand under his head and rubbed his thumb over his little blue hat. Andy surprised him by giving Ash the kid. “Oh god!” He said freaking out trying not to panic. But once he had Sebastian in his arms, he relaxed instantly. “I’m going to teach this child the wonders of rock and roll.” Andy rolled his eyes.

“Hey Nikki. It’s your turn.”

Nikki slowly walked over to Ash and had the kid passed to her. With one look at her, Sebastian burst into giggles. “Great, not even a day old and he’s already laughing at me.”

Hey guys. Thank you so much for the reviews and the comments. This story still has a long way to go and I’m really excited for the next chapter. It’s going to be a filler but it’s still going to be funny. (well it’s going to be funny to me, I don’t know about you guys) Peace out bitches.