You're My Rebel Love Song

They went home the next day and Andy knew Hannah was stressed out. After the phone call from her mother she wouldn’t talk about it. She needed a break from everything. From what happened with Nikki, her working as a bartender, and her mother, Hannah was standing pretty damn close to the edge. Luckily he had a plan.

“Hannah! My dear, my darling, my better half, my bestie, my home girl!” Andy cried out at the top of his lungs. Hannah turned her head. She was sitting beside him on the couch so his yelling wasn’t necessary. “Go pack a bag!” She raised an eyebrow at him and gave him a confused look. “Why? Where am I going?” He gave her an evil look. “WE are going on an adventure. Let us start living for today!” He jumped up off the couch and dragged and laughing Hannah to the room that they now shared.

They both packed bags and wrote a note for the guys to read and they jumped into Hannah’s car. Andy rolled all the windows down and blasted Green Day through her speakers.

They left the city and Andy turned onto some back roads. Soon they came to this small town that looked like it was still in the 80’s.

There was an arcade and a drive in theater. A cozy little diner sat between a library and a roller rink. “Andy where are we?” Hannah asked looking around. “I’m not really sure but it looks like paradise.” He pulled the car over and parked on the main street. They got out of the car and Andy grabbed Hannah’s hand. He laced his fingers with hers and said “I’m never going to change my mind about you. We’ll leave it all behind. Nothing’s going to stop us. Not this time.” Hannah smiled at his words and they ran down the street screaming.

They played in the arcade and Andy laughed at Hannah as he beat her at air hockey but he soon ate his words after she beat him at Dance Dance Revolution. Hannah was while ahead of him and she was laughing as he tried to move his gazelle legs faster. He moved his feet too quickly and tripped and was falling over.  He knocked into Hannah and they both came tumbling down.  They laid on the floor laughing and Hannah pulled Andy up. “OK no more dancing games for you lanky!” Andy blushed and Hannah laughed.

They went to the diner for lunch and they each got milkshakes. Hannah laughed at Andy as he got whipped cream on his nose and Hannah wouldn’t tell him that it was there until a waitress said something.

They spent the day wandering around the small town and drove farther. Andy stopped in a field as the stars came out and pulled out a blanket out of the trunk and put it down. Hannah watched him pull out a shit load of pillows and threw them on the blanket and he flopped down. He looked over at her and patted the ground beside her. She skipped over to him and sat beside him.

They stayed there just talking about everything but something was bugging Hannah and he could tell. “Hannah, do you want to talk about it?” Hannah sat up and glanced over at him. “Talk about what?” She was playing dumb but he wasn’t falling for it. “You know what I mean.” Hannah searched for something in his eyes and sighed. “She wants to have dinner with me and you. She said that she went to rehab and she got better.” Andy nodded and said “I can tell there’s a but somewhere.” Hannah laughed and said “But I don’t trust her. I’ve heard it all before. And sometimes I believe her. And that’s mistake number one. So I just stopped trusting whatever came out of her mouth.”

“Maybe, this time she is telling the truth. Maybe she did get better.”

“All I’m hearing a ‘maybe’ I’ll believe it when I see it.”

And with a smile he said “Then I guess we’re going to dinner with your mother.” Hannah nodded and sighed.

They watched the sun go down and the moon go up. The field came alive with sounds of birds and crickets. “Hannah?” Andy asked after a few minutes of silence. She looked over at him and waited for him to continue. “Will you sing for me?” A small smile crept on her face and nodded. She cleared her throat and started to sing.